Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my A5 for over 2 years now and at the time, I couldn't afford the Stasis "Challenge" package as the car was so stinking new in 2008, they didn't have much on the lot and what they did have, didn't have a Stasis package installed on it.

So over the last two years, I've slowly pieced together my own package and I'm pretty much done with the exception of wheels - the Stasis split-5 spoke forged wheels look "ok" but I've been watching Jordan at ADV.1 and others, waffling on "spun forged" and real forged. I will go with the latter but that puts off the final pieces for another year.

In the meantime, here's just a couple of shots (sorry, car wasn't washed) of how it looks with the following installed:

Stasis Stainless Steel Exhaust system.
Stasis Rear Anti-roll Bar
Stasis/Ohlin SL coilovers
2Bennett Brembo 8 piston calipers over 365mm 2pc. rotors
-dress up item: R8 coolant tank cap. :D
K&N drop in filter.

The car is at a point where I like it just the way it is. The body style is exactly what I wanted to buy but I think side skirts are really going to be the next minor mod. In the following photos, you'll see why.... textured paint for the loss. :(

This photo was taken to show just how much of the gap was taken up by the Ohlins when they were finally adjusted:

Props go to Darren @ Streetwerk Tactical in Palo Alto for the Ohlin install.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Looks perfect. I wouldn't even bother with wheels IMO.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It looks fantastic!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks gorgeous! Maybe I should drop mine now, the gap is perfect. How many inches is it supposed to be?

No tint?
All said and done, the bottom of the car, just past the front wheels where a speed bump would normally hit, is measured at 4.25".

I'm against tint on my cars if I can avoid it. A sad fact of life as you grow old, eye sight is compromised a bit easier when it's darker so at night, I find the privacy glass on both my Highlander and Windstar cuts down the vision a lot. I'm one of those that actually turns my head to cover my blind spot. It's a personal decision. If I was 21 again, hell yeah, I'd tint it. I turned 52 last month so I'm leaving this alone.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Looks good man, i'd probably go a little lower and throw some spacers on there to fill out those wheel wells.
It would be better to get wheels at that point. I don't advise doing this just to make it look better all the time.

Wheel gap looked perfect when I next to you Herman. I agree with you on the tint if you vision is not where it used to be.
As for the rockers, get them clear wrapped. It's a only a strip that will run from front to rear wheel ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts