Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I assumed as much. Did you feel the SLS transmission was a far inferior design? I did not have the opportunity to testdrive the SLS before ordering the 458 Spider but I have read complaints regarding the sluggish tranny compared to the F-car and Macca DCT. The steep depreciation of the SLS was also disconcerting although this is a bonus for a used car buyer.
The M mode was horrible, very slow shifting.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I assumed as much. Did you feel the SLS transmission was a far inferior design? I did not have the opportunity to testdrive the SLS before ordering the 458 Spider but I have read complaints regarding the sluggish tranny compared to the F-car and Macca DCT. The steep depreciation of the SLS was also disconcerting although this is a bonus for a used car buyer.
you think sls depreciation is bad, mclaren is just as bad or worse

·
Registered
641 Posts
you think sls depreciation is bad, mclaren is just as bad or worse
On the coupes I would agree. Trust me, there have been threads ad nauseum on F-chat regarding Macca depreciation. Whether it was overestimating demand, not having an established dealer network in place, or working out the kinks of a first-time roadcar for an F1 automotive company, the fact remains low mileage, well-optioned 12C coupes can be had for $200K. They did a better job controlling allocation of the Spiders and I wouldn't expect to see the same steep depreciation.

Works out great for the buyer looking for a used 12C coupe. Doesn't detract from the fact that the 12C is a beast and true 458 rival.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on your beautiful car! Volcano yellow doesn't do justice in pictures! Looks great in person!

I've got a 12C coupe and an SLS and you can't compare the two. The MP4-12C is far superior.
But i really love my SLS and have no plans of replacing it! It's just like a muscle car to me haha!

Enjoy your new beauty!

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Congrats on your beautiful car! Volcano yellow doesn't do justice in pictures! Looks great in person!

I've got a 12C coupe and an SLS and you can't compare the two. The MP4-12C is far superior.
But i really love my SLS and have no plans of replacing it! It's just like a muscle car to me haha!

Enjoy your new beauty!

Cheers,

Andy
You are 100% right, the color looks amazing in person and the C12 is far superior then the SLS.:big_grin:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
beautiful
congrats

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just as an explanation for those who never sat in an SLS: by "slow gearbox" not the gear changes itself are meant! Moreover the reaction/time between ticking the paddle and putting in the next gear is the point which was - honestly - too long for such a car.

They brought out an update which took care of this and was a huge improvement - I wonder if egldman had the chance to test drive one with updated transmission!?

Nonetheless the MP is a stunning car, congrats! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just as an explanation for those who never sat in an SLS: by "slow gearbox" not the gear changes itself are meant! Moreover the reaction/time between ticking the paddle and putting in the next gear is the point which was - honestly - too long for such a car.

They brought out an update which took care of this and was a huge improvement - I wonder if egldman had the chance to test drive one with updated transmission!?

Nonetheless the MP is a stunning car, congrats! :)
Yes i did have my TCU updated and also drove the SLS GT, not saying that i didn't love my SLS just that i think the 12C is in a different league.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great choice!! What Brabus mods did you have done with the SLS?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have never been a fan of yellow cars, but THIS is b-e-a-utiful!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Love your car. You should get an AP ROO Bumble bee to go with it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts