Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after 12 months of ownership, 14k miles and several iterations, my 2011 Ibis R8 Spyder project is done. Big thanks to Eddie at Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY for the gorgeous matte film wrap and all the trick custom cosmetic work. Also props to Diogo at AMS Autowerks in Linden, NJ for taking care of my performance mods, paint, and grille work. I would not hesitate to recommend either as their attention to detail surpasses my expectations, which is saying a lot as I have self-professed car OCD (aka anal :lol:). I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy the final product.

Exterior
Full Custom Cut Matte 3M Paint Protection Film Wrap
EU Grille with Plate Delete Mod
Emblems Removed (Hood, V10, and R8)
Gloss Black Rear Rings
Powder-coated 5-Spoke Wheels & Exhaust Tips (HRE P40s to be remounted for summer)
White Colour Matched Calipers w/ R8 logo in Black
Black Painted Rotor Hats
Paint Matched Side Markers & Gas Cap
Gloss Black Painted Rear Vents
Gloss Black Wrapped Windshield Frame & Gas Cap Ring
Lightly Smoked Tail Lights

Engine
APR 93 Octane Tune
GMG World Challenge Exhaust

Interior/Electronics
Ceramic Tinted Glass (35% sides/back, 70% windshield)
K40 RL360 Hidden Radar Detector
Laser Interceptor Jammer

**Special thanks to Janet L for taking/editing these stunning photos :clap:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more by the Brooklyn Bridge...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
love it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Gorgeous R8! I agree that the front rings (in black, to match the rears) would look nice. As far as I can tell, it's really only missing one thing... MOAR LOW!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was at AMS when Diogo was installing your exhaust, beautiful car.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Love it. Where in CT are you located? We should meet up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Jay, I'm usually up in fairfield county during the week and nyc on most weekends. Hit me up on PM, let's make this happen.

As far as the front rings go, I go back and forth. I think it flows a better without them, but that may change like everything else over time. I do miss having something to press down on when closing the trunk. I can't lower the car as I drive it everywhere, I scrape sometimes as it is... would look pretty dope an inch lower though ;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like it a lot, in fact I love it, very tasteful, not to extreme, certainly not obnoxious or lame. Its the perfect car to turn heads and people go "wow" or that looks "sick," probably a lot of fun to drive around NYC on a nice day in the summer or a great ride to take to a bar/club with valet where you can show it off. You sir have a majestic sports car in your possession. :clap:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exhaust sounds incredible, a little bass down low but it screams up top. Clip is not the best, but it's all I got for now. Hopefully I can get some rolling/tunnel clips soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts