Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little info on my car. When it gets driveable, ill make a legit thread about everything done to it.

I got it in 2004 as a project in HS, and have been working on it for 6 years. Just got it out of the paint shop, and after replacing the rear end for a better unit and getting new heads to replace one blown one, it should be running.

I stripped it down to the shell, and bought a Muncie M-21 and a Pontiac 400 motor to put in. The motor is bored 0.030" over, has an Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock Stage III cam/lifter set, solid seats, Holley 650cfm carb, Hooker headers to an X-pipe to Flowmaster Super 40's to turn downs.

Also got a 10 point roll cage, Corbeau fixed back race seats, and Crow 5-point racing harnesses.

Please remember, this is my pride and joy. I've easily sunk 90% of my life's earnings (Iam 22) into it, and I think its amazing.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Very Cool Car and a great color!! I love the late 60's Firebirds!!

Looks like she is coming together nicely!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Some people would say you should have saved your money and invested into something that yields a return... my opinion... that car has yielded something money cant buy, passion. great car, definately post up pictures as it comes along.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some people would say you should have saved your money and invested into something that yields a return... my opinion... that car has yielded something money cant buy, passion. great car, definately post up pictures as it comes along.
Those people don't get it.

At this point I could have gotten a late model BMW or something, but then I'd just look like 1 of the hundreds of sorority girls around here. This car is a bit unique

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Those people don't get it.

At this point I could have gotten a late model BMW or something, but then I'd just look like 1 of the hundreds of sorority girls around here. This car is a bit unique
I have that conversation constantly with my clients. All of their buddies are buying Ferraris and Lambos, and they may have an exotic as well but there is NOTHING that can compare to rumbling up in some American Muscle. Put a nicely built muscle car next to a high end exotic at a show and people will glance at the exotic-throw a few ooohs and aaahs, then spend the next half our hovering around the muscle car, laying on the ground to look at the undercarriage, ask the owner to open the hood, and....

Just no comparison.

So where does the name come from?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Looks good Chris!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Your the first person to ask me that. She was build In North Carolina in the 4th week of December, 1968. And I think Caroline is a nice American firm name.
I'm a car guy.... I firmly believe that every good car has to have a good name.

First car I ever restored was my best friends 1969 Camaro while I was still in autotech school. He was a big Chuck Berry fan. She was Maybeline.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts