Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Murray Circle at Cavallo Point

I was floored - wow!

MissiG dragged me across the GG Bridge (OK, it was her birthday!) to check out a new restaurant called Murray Circle at the new Cavallo Point Lodge, located within Fort Baker (the old base right below the North end of the Golden Gate Bridge. The lodge and the restaurant are both run by the Post Ranch Group... it has only been open for about a month and I suspect is going to become a very hot destination restaurant (if not already).

http://www.murraycircle.com/index.php

Easy parking right out front... and great views!

The patio deck...

From our table (we had an early seating before the crowds arrived, it was fully booked for the night)...

View thru the window from our table (waviness from the old leaded glass)...

A cult Brut Rose that MissiG brought along...

Ruby red bubbles...

Artisan bread made on premise...

Heirloom tomato salad (mine)...

Young lettuce salad (hers)...

Pea-stuffed ravioli (shared)...

Porcini mushrooms (shared)...

A great rec from MTK here - a bottle of Mi Sueno RR Valley Pinot (for the main course)...

The Ribeye (mine)...

The Sturgeon (hers)...

The cheese plate for desert...

And the carrot cake (heaven)...

And a parting treat - house made Whoppers, Cracker Jacks, and Tootsie Rolls FTW!!!

And the drive home...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I licked my screen that looks so good!

Will have to try it with someone special, delightfully decadent!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention... Murray Circle is pretty affordable for what it is. This meal cost $202 incl the wine (before tip)... we brought one of our own, and purchased a bottle (they wave corkage if you buy one).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW - - - that looks incredible!

how was the 06?
the 06 Pinot was great, had that warm climate red fruit that RRV Pinot's are known for, very balanced w/ nice oak... was the perfect choice for the entres since I was having red meat and she had the fish (Pinot always solves this conflict of something that works well with both).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts