Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am eventually thinking of adding an early 2005 or so green or orange Murci to my bucket list, but one thing I noticed is that a large majority have very low mileage. I love low mileage cars to purchase, but just wonder from owners why that is, because the mileage I am seeing with cars for sale is often 10K or less. Do you not drive them much so that the value is retained, or to help avoid maintenance costs, insurance that has mileage limits....etc?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think more than anything, most owners are scared of depreciation.
You can get a Murci for mid low 100's now, and an LP for a little above mid to high's, the depreciation has pretty much hit. I don't see them losing more than another 10-15% any time soon.

The main reason, at least in my experience, is these are typically an owners 2nd or 3rd car, and they simply don't get driven as much.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Appears to be an American thing too. European owners seem to be a lot more likely to drive their cars.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
like everyone else said, the owners don't drive them to often. I remember one guy who owns a LP640 said that he drives it once a month, main reason its the drivability, and it feels more special when you do drive it, but if you do it daily its loses that fun feeling. Same can be said with people who drive classic cars, summer time they will take it for a spin once a week, come fall its in the garage with the cover on.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I figured a mix of reasons as mentioned above. Same with my modified Panteras, I typically drive them every 2 - 3 weeks or so, but maybe more if my SLs are down and I need to get to work. My reason is the same as someone mentioned, that they are pretty radical, and don't feel like pumping the adrenaline all the time and being looked at all the time. But interesting no one mentioned limited driving to avoid maintenance costs of regular tune ups or other maintenance costs that may come about as any car is driven lets say more than 5K - 10K miles per year. So maybe maintenance costs are not a huge thing with higher mileage driving, which is a good sign i suppose. Someone wanted to buy my red GT5S Pantera a while ago at near early Murci price, so that's why was contemplating the Murci for bucket list as I like the radical style.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've put ZERO miles on mine and I'm closing in on a year of ownership hahahahah :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
As an owner of a Murcielago, I don't drive it that much for a few reasons. Firstly, the mileage. Don't want too many miles! Also, it's just a hard car to drive. It's low and wide. I'm also pretty scared that it's going to get scratched.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I am sure --^

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
1. It's a difficult car to drive
2. Maintenance is outrageous if you're not doing it yourself or at an independent shop
3. Tires
4. The attention gets real old for a lot of people
5. Resale

Personally, I like to drive my cars. I bought the car with 18,xxx miles. . . . and yes, that's snow, they are perfectly fine as daily drivers.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Also I wouldnt know about the manual murcies as ive only driven the e-gear, but the manual on a Diablo SV makes me not want to drive it for a long period of time lol.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The answer depends on a lot of things and we do not know you enough or your financial situation to be able to tell

1. Some folks have a handful of fun cars. So they rotate through them and they have favorites
2. The murci is not as easy to drive as a gallardo. I put about 8k miles per year on my gallardo, I have no qualms about taking it anywhere - costco/walmart
3. Some folks are scared of the maintenance (this one is crazy to me...if you can't afford the maintenance or something breaking, you can't afford the car. Why have the car if you are scared to drive it?)
4. Some people are just too busy with other things to enjoy the car (this has been me with my wakeboard boat the past few years)

I would ensure I got a full PPI on those early model low mile murcis. Its widely known that cars that have been driven and driven hard are far more reliable as they get older than cars that just sit in someone's garage.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As an owner of a Murcielago, I don't drive it that much for a few reasons. Firstly, the mileage. Don't want too many miles! Also, it's just a hard car to drive. It's low and wide. I'm also pretty scared that it's going to get scratched.
I hope you are trolling mang. You have all those cars in your sig and you are scared your 2004 murci is going to get scratched? Has your "Agera" seen the light of day?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts