Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I am a young professional that will be done with my degree in mechanical engineering in December and thinking of moving to Calgary from Montreal for work l. I'm 24, single and looking for a place downtown that has a decent nightlife (bars, restaurants, etc) where I can develop my social network.

Based on my research, I have narrowed my search for condo rentals to the following areas:
-Victoria Park
-Connaught
-East Village
-Mission

Are there any other areas you guys can suggest and let me know if the ones above will fit my description. I'm looking for a condo with underground parking and a Gym.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I live in Red Deer (Hour north of Calgs) But definitely there are lots of nice condo's in the downtown Calgary area. But you will pay ALOT more to live downtown than you would say even 3 blocks from downtown. Try and stay in the southwest area, that is the best area in my opinion. It really depends on your budget. There is some nice new Condo's on Bow Trail that overlook downtown, Garrison Woods or anywhere in the Marda Loop area is a new young trendy area (5 minutes from downtown). If you're commuting try and stay away from places that require you to use Crowchild Trail as it is arguably the most brutal rush hour road in Calgary.

Just curious as a Mech. Eng. are you going to be working for a petroleum company downtown?

·
Registered
670 Posts
The east village is really turning out to be a nice place. They are investing alot of money in it so its not a bad place to consider as property value will increase in the coming years.

Stanley park is right by downtown but is a little farther south. If you want to be close to DT but not actually in it, Stanley Park is a good option. Connect with a good realtor here to get you set up if you have one. They will be able to access alot of properties that may not be actively for sale yet. ( If you need a really good Calgary realtor, let me know)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would also explore the Kensington, Inglewood, and Bankview communities. If I were in your shoes, Mission would be #1, especially after the flood which brought the community together. Great nightlife and entertainment, near the Saddledome, close to the river for running, ability to walk to the downtown core, 4th St SW is a great spot for car and girl watching. Lots of mansions and modern homes in My Royal and adjacent communities for motivatian if you need it. Good luck, Calgary is a great city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts