Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to dress up the black plastic moldings on my daily driver (Saab).

Buddy suggested Forever Black but I couldn't find it locally and didn't want to wait to order. I just picked up Mothers Back to Black at Pep Boys. Anyone have experience and/or suggestions with this type of work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have used it, I personally didn't like it. Chemical Guys Fade 2 Black is good, Gloss It TRV works good too in my experience.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've used it, didn't like it at all. Gloss it TRV is a great product (and they recently reformulated it I think). If it's really faded, nothing beats Black Wow, but you'll need to order it. Black Wow is without a doubt the best trim restorer out there, just a bit less friendly to apply than TRV because it isn't water based.

EDIT: Looks like Adams VRT was reformulated, not Gloss it TRV. Both products are basically the same.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Another in for negative on b2b. I've used it plenty..and it does it's job, just not well.

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
I have found that it only works well when the surface it is applied to is very very cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used it yesterday and pretty unimpressed...looks like about the same results I would have gotten if I spit on a rag and rubbed....

Next detail day (before winter) I'll use one of the other products mentionted.

Thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts