Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...its wintertime here now, so lots of stupid snow and even stupider salt on the roads.

Basically the best time to rip the engine out of a car. and so i did.

Besides doing all the obvious stuff while the engine is out like gaskets, bearings, seals, fittings, distributor, leads blablabla im going to upgrade the car quite a bit.

Mechanical mods to come:

ditching the stock k16's for K24 turbos

Straight pipes ( hell fu$%in yeah )

Solid engine and transmission mounts

Single mass flywheel and heavy duty clutch

Steel synchros and shorter 6th gear

change all rubber bushings in the shifter assembly for solid aluminum ones.

and finally change a few of the rubber suspension bushings for solid teflon bushings from the GT2 evo racecar.

To make that car a bit prettier im going to throw some BBS E88's on it with gold centers and get
the the interior reupholstered in thick leather with contrast stitching and some alcantara details

obviously im going to keep you guys updated in the whole thing. for now you have to make friends with these two wonderful artistic phone shots :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...as it was a pretty slow day at the office today. i decided to take a peak into the shop, just to see if anything new happened to my beloved GT2.

Just a really small update. Since we are still waiting on the new turbos to arrive. As you can see the car is still missing the engine... haha

I quickly installed a Momo GT2 Evo wheel, just because it looks awesome :) and we removed the last of the soundproofing and the old front carpet.

now the car is ready for Rennline floormats and a new carpet, so everything looks neat and tidy again :)

On a different note...i just thought i should share these cars with you. just snapped a few pics of the cool stuff that was in the shop :)

A 991 GT3 Supercup car

A Ferrari 550 GT2 racecar

And i dont think i have to tell you guys whats hidden underneath that carcover :)

Here a full shot of the shop....quite a lot of cup cars :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll upload more pics as soon as there are new updates :)

Reactions: chidoks

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Keep us posted on this rebuild!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why refer to this as a GT2 when it's a replica?
Well, for me its a GT2...its been converted with genuine Porsche parts, no cheap aftermarket ones, even down to the thin-glass rear window.
Its rwd and even had the sunroof removed.

There is no tell that it used to be a Turbo other than the VIN.

And why would anyone refer to a cobra as a cobra...when 99,9% of them are replicas....because its a cobra ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sooooooo....im extremely sorry it took so damn long for me to update something, but things have been going quite slow because we were and still are waiting for some crucial parts to get the car back together. but finally....the new turbos were boltet onto the engine today :)

we are looking to get the engine back in the car and running till end of next week !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts