Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My modem or router or both doeant seem to keep up anymore with everything I have around the house. My internet is always falling on its face when I need it most. Now that I have my business at home I cant afford to have my internet taking a shit on me everyday.

whats a good modem and router you are all using? im running motorla modem with a netgear router that are both about 3 years old. and I use my cable provider for internet service.

I also need a really good virus, spyware,malware protection on my business comps, so what is good for this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What model of router do you use?

The one I used to use was the Linksys WRT54, the internet on our computers would sometimes drop just because we kept going over the maximum transfer rate of 54MB/s. I upgraded to the Netgear WNDR4500, with better transfer rates at 900MB/s connection was great. Not only that the connection was stronger since it has better signal and wi-fi range. Also make sure to secure your internet so only you can use it.

There are really good free anti virus out there, the top three I would recommend:
Avira AV
Comodo AV
AVG AV

I haven't used them for business but I am sure you can get a deal if you contact them.

For malware protection, there is only one I use, it's free and effective and that is malwarebytes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For an inexpensive off-the-shelf router I've had pretty good luck with the Netgear WNDR4000 as long as you don't need VPN. I know a lot of people seem to like Luxul equipment but I've personally never messed with them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have voip and my phones were down this morning for the business so I gotta do something quick.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased the linsys E4200 V2 for a router and picked up a Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem Gateway from tiger direct just now. I hope it makes a huge difference as my network sux right now..

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Could always build yourself a small desktop to use as a router gives you a lot of options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts