Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I wanted to make a thread about my latest project for my E92 M3. I am not a car audio expert like the many in here, but came upon a nice upgrade option that I wanted to share.

One of the things that I was annoyed about was the audio that was in the E92 M3. My car is equipped with the Hi-Fi system and it does the job, but was missing what I use to have in my old 335i. (Logic 7) It was not a priority to me to upgrade as many other items came first. Also, seeing what was involved turned me off a bit and I told myself I could wait.

Fast forward to a few months ago, a long time family friend started to work for MB Quart, he let me know of a direct fitment speaker set would be released by them.I was very excited to hear about this and asked him to sell me a set when they arrived.

So here is what I have currently going into my car. I am not sure if I want to go with a sub in the trunk, and still debating on this. What are you guys currently running size wise in the trunk?

I went to MB Quart to pick up the BMW speakers and left with 2 amps and wiring kit! (ha)

Current Setup ready to install
MB Quart BMW Speaker Kit
MB Quart BMW speakers
MB Quart RM740.5 AMP
MB Quart RM1000.1 AMP (if I decide to use a Sub in the Trunk)
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 (for Bluetooth streaming and as a processer)

Enough talk, on to the pictures. I will have pictures of when the install begins.

Unboxing

Mid's

Subwoofer

Manual.. pretty nice how much detail is in it

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyways, We started the RTA process today using Term Lab's software. My friend who is going to do the install is a top notch audio installer and I was so excited to have him bust out his cool toys.

Here are some pictures, we did not have enough time to do a full test and will be doing it again (also will be putting the stock seat back in for testing)

Placement of Mic, we ran the cable through the rear seats, closed them and out the trunk (closed as well)

Term Lab Software Uploading, pretty cool software

RTA testing

More

Testing Mic Setup and Term Lab Software
[U2B]h7PG9mT8bCE[/U2B]
Playing 0db Pink Noise for the test
[U2B]0ybm4NT7Kzc[/U2B]
More of Term Lab
[U2B]jGDoxPuMXPw[/U2B]

We will be doing another test and will post results!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now onto preparing and mounting

Stock door with Stock Speakers

First speaker mounted, as you can see no need for bracket/spacer to install these

Placement of cables

I am very anal about cables and neatness of things, so all my cables were wrapped in TechFlex (PET sleeving) and heat shrink

Pella tape was used to keep the cables in place, I know what your thinking.. isnt pella used for homes.. well yes its very similar to dynomat for half the price

Will have more pictures later, will be buttoning up the whole system this weekend!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran some RTA testing with the new MB Quart speakers and the stock Hi-Fi, I am pretty pleased with the results and very happy how much clear the system sounds. With the seats removed and sitting you can clearly tell how much of a difference they made. Much cheaper and the upgraded woofer bump much more than the stock ones

Here are some results

As you can tell many of the spots have leveled off and has a much nicer curve. With the processor you can easily clean up alot of unnecessary peaks, I will be installing the processor and will be doing some testing to see how much we can clean up. Like I stated before having a better amp will make a huge difference, but I wanted to see if just upgrading the speakers would make any change. Sure enough it has, I also wanted to see how much the amp could take before it gave. I have let the car sit for a few hours a day and it seems to be doing its thing. Will have more data for you guys shortly, I am very excited to see how it sounds with everything in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts