Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new here.

I know this is a stupid question, but what does everyone consider the minimum yearly income to buy a Roll's?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Buy or lease? How long do you plan on keeping for? If you have to ask...Probably more than you'll make. Ever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, I am looking to buy. Just for info my company has really started to do well over the last 10 years. It is not that I am concerned, but I do want to know if I am in the lower end bracket of a Roll's buyer???

·
Registered
913 Posts
Possibly. I'm not sure what model you are looking at but the phantom dropheads are over $1 million here. I read though that they are ~56 million yen there, before operating expenses and such. If you are looking at getting one, surely either you or you have someone that can look at TCO and work out whether it's justifiable in your current position. --It also depends on where else you spend money.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Making 100k a month, you should be able to afford Rolls. At least with US pricing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have consulted the accountant and I am definitely good to go with any of the Roll's models. I just want to know what other people consider a minimum income to buy one. That said , I probably could have bought one a few years back if I really wanted to, but I made do with a Lexus LS for a few years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you want to get a ton of car for the money, buy a 10-12 Ghost with some miles on it.

We have sold 12 and 11 Ghosts in the last month. Both were in perfect condition and sold for 180k. (330k MSRP cars)

They will drop even further when the Series II comes out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would prefer to buy new as I want dictate what options I want on the car. Thanks for the heads up though.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Series II? I wonder what that will look like.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Reactions: Neil Mc Cauley

·
Registered
712 Posts
Tons of factors at play..
A guy who makes 1.2mil a year and spends $1.15mil on golf balls, coke, art, whatever can not afford a Rolls. A guy who makes 1.2mil and has 1.1mil left at the end of the year after all his other expenses are paid can afford a Rolls.

You can also have no income whatsoever and $500mil in the safe and buy 30 Phantom's just for the hell of it.

Not trying to be a dick but it's a pretty tough question to answer.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
So you make $1mil/year and your accountant has already run the numbers and told you that you're good with affording a rolls but you still find it necessary to ask a bunch of strangers what they think of your financials? lol yea OK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm glad you decided to come here to ask a bunch of strangers financial advice.
So you make $1mil/year and your accountant has already run the numbers and told you that you're good with affording a rolls but you still find it necessary to ask a bunch of strangers what they think of your financials? lol yea OK.
Interesting that both of you think I am asking for financial advise? No where did I even suggest that I was worried about no being able to afford a car of this cost and ask any of you if I should or not. Did I miss that part? Or do you guys have some information I am not aware of?

Contrary to what you may think, I don't mix with anyone who makes around what I make here. There is a huge stigma here in Japan when showing off your money (lets admit it, buying a Rolls is showing off) and unless you are an actor or someone famous it is pretty much frowned upon. What does that mean? It means that some very rich people here live very frugal lifestyles and you would never know they had a lot of money, so I came here hoping that I could mix with others who share the same interest as me, cars and property. I have no idea what I person who drives a Rolls make and was interested as what people consider the lower end of the income scale for an owner.

BTW, I will buying this car through my company, which is why I need to have the account involved, the IRS here is very strict of purchases like this.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ease up on the bloke, it was a fair enough question. Not one I would ask, but nonetheless. As long as after he gets it we get pics with Lego he's good to go right?.

Oh yeah we need pics with Lego.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ease up on the bloke, it was a fair enough question. Not one I would ask, but nonetheless. As long as after he gets it we get pics with Lego he's good to go right?.

Oh yeah we need pics with Lego.
Lego? I will have to research this one. I am guessing that is the standard photo bomb with the new whatever you buy?

I am actually still a little undecided , I was originally looking at getting the S Class AMG 65 long as it is very similar in price to the Ghost, & Wraith. I love the sound of the AMG and it seems to be a better drivers car, although I have still yet to drive any of the above.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts