Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is still one of my favorite restaurants, although its pricey and far and parking in Union Square in SF sucks! .... it's I believe $95/person for a three course meal and $150+/person for the Chef's tasting menu ... I highly recommend both as I've been to Michael Mina's four times and every time it was excellent regardless of menu and choice.

Their foie gras is especially good ... :clap:

they have butter like I have NEVER tasted butter before in my life. Even at French Laundry. their butter seems like its straight from the cow :laugh: it's SO good.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My GFs father does all of Michael Mina's graphics and designs his cook books.

Michael is great, I have met him a few times and his restaurant is one of the best in the city.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:drool: oh yeah, definitely. However, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST the Michael Mina in the Bellagio in Las Vegas ... it does NOT measure up at all!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha this is untrue, if I was high maintenance I'd be a salad girl ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
omg their butter is ridiculous ... :drool:

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
omg their butter is ridiculous ... :drool:
this has me contemplating a meal.

i ate Mina's food back in the old days of Aqua and, while very good, it was nothing to go out of my way for. but i will go out of my way for excellent butter.

(bCaHnIaCnKa - if you ever find yourself in Paris, you must visit L'Arpege for, if nothing else, the butter. it's one of the world's great restaurants; but it's the butter that actually draws me back - ridiculous stuff!)

- chuck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Chuck,

you should definitely check out the butter at Michael Mina. It's worth while and nothing like anything I've ever tasted in terms of butter.

almost like ... straight from the cow, haha ... but not as dirty :p

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I've actually churned my own butter (not like that...) and it's quite incredible. It's been *years* but I'd still like to compare.
yeah, i did it last summer and, while it's a lot of work, it's 5x better than anything from the market.

- chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts