Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Until Miami Vice came along South Beach was basically retired Jewish folks from up north. The show had a cult like following… everyplace you went cats were dressing like Crockett, jamming "In The Air Tonight" with their T-tops off and acting like cocaine cowboys.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Seriously? You think the 80s were worse than the 70s?!..

MV is on my top 5 list of "best series ever".
I've got all seasons on my hard drive and watched them about 4 times so far.
Many people believe Mann stole the plot from Bad Boys but the truth is that one episode from the MV series was the template 4 the movie.

·
Registered
934 Posts
great show own a couple of seasons

·
Registered
588 Posts
crazy thing about that show is that some of the outrageous, almost cartoonish characters weren't that far over the top compared to some of the real life personalities during the cocaine wars.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am such a vice fan this sits in my garage....You cant get more vice than a 85 Amg Hammer. And yes, I own that cocaine white linen suit
The Hammer is what got me into exotic cars and europeans period, before that hot rods were good enough and all I really knew and followed. That was/is one bada## car. First car interior I saw with pickeled wood :clap:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm not sure. I haven"t seen all the episodes from the entire serios. I was born in '81 so I was a bit young when it aired. I do try and catch re-runs when possible. I will have to look in to that about the film mimicing an episode. I don't check this forum all that much so if you find out shoot me a PM. I'd be interested in watching it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Currently at episode 10 of the first season.
At this point I fell pretty bad for bad mouthing about that series for all those years.
Just love it and I think Mann did a pretty good job transforming the series into a much darker version in 2006.

You might not happen to know which exact episode that was?
Did you a buy a box with all the episodes ?
Miami will always be a special place for me. Loved it since I was young.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts