Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough of the NY weather. Going to spend 4 days and 3 nights in Miami, just don't know where yet...any quick suggestions?

Doesn't have to be killer. My killer vacation is already booked for this year, and will be epic for me.

Just looking for a few days of sun, shopping, and good food.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My travel agent just suggested the Tides Hotel

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies all. No strip clubs, wifey's a bit of a prude :-(
Yes, South Beach...never been.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I went to Miami last october and stayed a night at the Marriott South Beach. It was nice, nothing to special and was right on the beach!

Plus its less than a block from Prime 112!!! AWESOME FOOD!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Delano and Shore Club are probably the two most popular and have the best pool scenes. Hotel Victor is relatively new and a decent alternative, although I don't think the pool scene is as good. The rooms at all of these are modern and "sparse", more like a W on steroids then a Four Seasons.

If you are going down with the wife and don't care as much about the pool scene, the Loews is nice. Tides is nice, but I would go with the others I mentioned first.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I live in South Beach .. good hotels here:

Savoy Hotel
Ritz Carlton Hotel
Loews Hotel
The Strand Hotel

You also have The Fontainebleau, but I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Enough of the NY weather. Going to spend 4 days and 3 nights in Miami, just don't know where yet...any quick suggestions?

Doesn't have to be killer. My killer vacation is already booked for this year, and will be epic for me.

Just looking for a few days of sun, shopping, and good food.

Thanks,
Mike
When you going? I'm going the 3rd week of Feb.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st wk

·
Registered
87 Posts
lowes hotel
delano
the national
fountainbleu (now with the remodeling i would stay there)
tides
shore club
gansevoort

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Mike..many people have recommended The Delano and Shore Club (including me!) Just wanted to warn you about these two hotels. These two places are absolutely jam packed on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday..people are everywhere..by the pool/cabanas..inside the hotel..at the bar..etc. The level of noise is absurd..lack of privacy/space and how crowded they become is not something I tend to want to deal with on a short few days off. It is nearly impossible to have nice quiet alone time with your wife..

That's why I recommended the Setai for you. Although it may more expensive than most..it is well worth the money to have absolutely no aggravation..quiet time..and a peaceful..relaxing couple days off.

Best of all..all the hotels are side by side on Collins Ave. You can walk to and from each one..so for next time you can get a feel for where you want to stay.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went for The Tides...will let you know how it goes...thanks all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts