Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, we just wrapped up this insane project. A great customer of ours came to us with his SL63 AMG, and we started out with a Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger. Then we couldn't do the project properly without a new fresh set of wheels, so we upgraded his with a set of 19 inch HRE P101 in brushed clear. Now we moved onto the brakes, and we went with a set of Brembo brakes to complete out the project. Hands down, one of the sickest SL's we have seen in some time. What do you guys think about this project build?

Mercedes SL63 AMG on HRE P101 with Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger by wheels_boutique, on Flickr

Mercedes SL63 AMG on HRE P101 with Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger by wheels_boutique, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Any idea what kind of numbers its putting down?
from weistec site

M156 Supercharger Systems
Stage 1: 637 HP, 560 TQ
Stage 2: 672 HP, 662 TQ
Stage 3: 769+ HP, 667+ TQ

doesnt say if wheel or crank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, what a coincidence. I just picked up a CPO 2009 SL63 in Diamond White like this one 2 weeks ago, and after looking at about a hundred wheels I settled on the 19" P101 and then stumbled across this thread after a Google search for SLs with P101s. Looks amazing! Great job. Can I ask what width wheels you were able to fit in there and what offsets? I was thinking of going with satin black but after seeing this brushed clear I might have changed my mind. It matches the fender inserts and hood vent trim perfectly.

Here's a video of a CLK63 with the Stage 3 Weistec running 9.75 at 152mph:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYttktKqtCY#t=12

·
Registered
359 Posts
from weistec site

M156 Supercharger Systems
Stage 1: 637 HP, 560 TQ
Stage 2: 672 HP, 662 TQ
Stage 3: 769+ HP, 667+ TQ

doesnt say if wheel or crank
Wow, that's more than my V12. I wonder how those modifications would suit with the smog gods here in CA, with visual inspection requirements and smog itself. Not to change the post message, but just curious.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I hate to nitpick but I would love this car with 20 in wheels.
However, it still is a hot car as is.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hate to nitpick but I would love this car with 20 in wheels.
However, it still is a hot car as is.
Maybe the owner wanted more sidewall for a little more comfort. I am doing 20/21, so I will see if my my fillings fall out when I get those on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts