Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L4pers,

I’m having trouble finding a pair of dress shoes I like.

Throw out some names for me to research.

Thanks,
B

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
In my closet right now that are specific "dress shoes": Bruno Magli, Ferragamo, Gucci

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i almost exclusively wear Boss shoes with a suit.

the fit is proper for ME - you just have to try stuff on and see what works. I love ferragamo but the shoes are too narrow.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I have been trying to find some for this year too... in my new town, i dont have much to choose from... we have a macy's and that is about as high end as it gets

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cole Haan's are a great shoe for the price.

My favorite are a pair of gucci loafers which are like walking on butter.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i propose Santoni...italian shoes maker...excelent shoes and good value for money...but they are expensive....
also churchs..... allen edmonds...bally...all those are to dress formal....
if you dont consider money a problem try berluti, lattanzi or John Lobb...classical choices....

·
Registered
326 Posts
I love my Allen Edmond's if its a business type event, if not I like the LV or gucci loafer or lace-up.
John Lobb don't look all that great to me but are probably one of the best made shoes

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I love my Allen Edmond's if its a business type event, if not I like the LV or gucci loafer or lace-up.
John Lobb don't look all that great to me but are probably one of the best made shoes
Let me try to change your mind about John Lobb.....

Photos by their site from john lobb(not the one from stJames str...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
you really need a budget for this... you can't go wrong w/ prada, zegna, salvatore, etc.

some currents in my closet: berlutti, testoni norvegese, zegna, & prada

- chuck

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What occasion?
I guess I should be more specific; lace up, $600 or less, but prefer ~$300.

They are to be used for work within finance.

I don't want them to say too much; however, they can't be beginner level either.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Got a pair of Allen Edmonds that Im not a HUGE fan of.. They are a very well made shoe, Im just questioning the style I bought.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
A Testoni makes sweet shoes at just under $600. not sure where to try them on. i bought a pair at Sak's and now order online at Zappos.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts