Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A man from Quebec Greg Van took his Lamborhini Gallardo to a Porsche/Audi dealer service as he wanted some alignment jobs to be done on it. The mechanic took this car for a test drive and… crashed Lamborghini into a lamp post causing about $35,000 of damage.
I hope it's not a repost

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
did you hear some guy drove in to a lake in some really cool fast car.....!~!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greg will be gutted, he only just got all the parts together and they've done it again :whistle:
That's funny.

The Last suspension bolt is on it's way now.

Scratch that, the UPS truck just pulled up!

Oh and the damage might go over 70k. Dealer told me 55k so far and I have almost 15k in out of pocket, not sure if he was including that. Plus the pole at $5500.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Have they not agreed just to buy u a new car? If not you should really go on a google campaign, name the dealer, etc. This isn't right.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
gvan, are you the owner? If so, sorry to hear what happened. I definitely agree with BullsFTW. If the dealer doesn't treat you fairly then make sure everyone knows what dealer it is and spread the news.

·
Registered
181 Posts
gvan, are you the owner? If so, sorry to hear what happened. I definitely agree with BullsFTW. If the dealer doesn't treat you fairly then make sure everyone knows what dealer it is and spread the news.
gvan = Greg Van. There's a thread on this incident on several other forums.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
GVan,

How are you not demanding a new car and why are you putting $15K out of your pocked. The stealers liability insurance needs to kick in here and not you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think I would lose my mind if someone did this to my hard earned money / property. I do not understand other than a car rental why you would spend a penny on that crash ... they should pay you and replace the vehicle if it exceeds a thresh hold amount set by insurance or appraisal for replacement / damages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah that was Universal. They handled it horribly, claiming the crash never happened and trying to censor the internet. That worked out well...:whistle:
LOL

Sadly I'm in Canada. I got a small settlement for lost resale after a lot of public pressure. I didn't even get a loaner and claimed on my own insurance.

The out of pocket stuff is a mix of things. The local Lambo dealer is INCREDIBLY slow with parts so I've wound up buying a lot of the parts myself and dropping them off. about half of it is things that were damaged on one side of the car but needed to be replaced on both sides to be within spec (brakes, shocks, springs) and the insurance will only cover the damaged side.

I just found out today that in order to replace the bent steering tie rod we have to replace the entire rack because it's not sold separately. ARGH! Just when I thought things were finally done 4 months later this looks like another 3-4 weeks for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We installed new shocks that we set up identically, and the car is almost an inch lower on one side now... Kind of scratching our heads now because the right height was fine on the old busted shocks. The springs are taking the weight so it's not little they need to settle or anything. Weird.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
So sad to see this... I'd say buy me a new car, or you won't have a job. Cause I'd light his place on fire. Hope you get this resolved quickly man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts