Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap! I can't wait to see an official time! Take that Ferrari!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow. :bow1:

·
Registered
976 Posts
But the McLaren has no soul, it doesn't sound as nice, it's name is that of a fax machine, it's not a Ferrari :laugh:

And to think the P1 did it in wet / damp conditions. Imagine what the number will be when the Ring is actually dry.:bitenails:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the McLaren has no soul, it doesn't sound as nice, it's name is that of a fax machine, it's not a Ferrari :laugh:

And to think the P1 did it in wet / damp conditions. Imagine what the number will be when the Ring is actually dry.:bitenails:
Yeah you're right. Ferrari LaFerrari is a much better name

·
Registered
545 Posts
All those Carparazi make me nervous >.<
(prob spelled that wrong)

·
Registered
273 Posts

The only ppl that come out with that are journalists

The mclaren is a lovely car to drive

·
Registered
545 Posts
Holy crap! I can't wait to see an official time! Take that Ferrari!!
There isn't even an unofficial time for LaFerrari. What are they supposed to be "taking" exactly?

Yeah you're right. Ferrari LaFerrari is a much better name
I cannot comprehend how people still don't understand this. It's "LaFerrari". Not "Ferrari LaFerrari" or "The Ferrari LaFerrari" or "The Ferrari the Ferrari", just "LaFerrari". Say it slowly a few times until you get the hang of it.

The only ppl that come out with that are journalists
Not true. Clarkson seemed pretty impressed by the P1 while he wasn't with the 12C.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I cannot comprehend how people still don't understand this. It's "LaFerrari". Not "Ferrari LaFerrari" or "The Ferrari LaFerrari" or "The Ferrari the Ferrari", just "LaFerrari". Say it slowly a few times until you get the hang of it.
Sorry but you're incorrect.The model name is LaFerrari. The manufacturer, Ferrari. Therefore the full name is the Ferrari LaFerrari. That is the official name, and when the lucky (in the sense of being selected to purchase, not afford) owners register their LaFerrari, it will be listed as a Ferrari LaFerrari. Also when one is for sale on cars.com, you will search for a Ferrari LaFerrari. Car and Driver website: 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari. Etc...

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Sorry but you're incorrect.The model name is LaFerrari. The manufacturer, Ferrari. Therefore the full name is the Ferrari LaFerrari. That is the official name, and when the lucky (in the sense of being selected to purchase, not afford) owners register their LaFerrari, it will be listed as a Ferrari LaFerrari.
while that is technically correct that it will show up as Ferrari LaFerrari on a registration, the Ferrari CEO has said the full name of the car is LaFerrari.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There isn't even an unofficial time for LaFerrari. What are they supposed to be "taking" exactly?

Not true. Clarkson seemed pretty impressed by the P1 while he wasn't with the 12C.
Coming out the gates being a badass.

"Take that Ferrari" implies it's their turn to wow us. They have stated it will be the fastest hypercar imaginable but have released no testing figures. The lowly Porsche 918 came out of nowhere with a 6:57 and that set the benchmark between the 3.

And on paper, it's Ferrari LaFerrari, dubbed only as LaFerrari to the industry as it's nickname. You think Bono's social security card says Bono?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry but you're incorrect.The model name is LaFerrari. The manufacturer, Ferrari. Therefore the full name is the Ferrari LaFerrari. That is the official name, and when the lucky (in the sense of being selected to purchase, not afford) owners register their LaFerrari, it will be listed as a Ferrari LaFerrari. Also when one is for sale on cars.com, you will search for a Ferrari LaFerrari. Car and Driver website: 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari. Etc...
Wait for it...

the Ferrari CEO has said the full name of the car is LaFerrari.
Boom.

Bingo. :wink:
Registration =/= the actual name of the car, that depends entirely on what country the car is in. Think of it like a parent giving their kid two middle names in their home country, and then moving to the US and it gets forced to be one.

And sorry, but cars.com/Car and Driver have no say over the name either. Just because they label it as such, doesn't mean that it is. Why you would think that is beyond me.

Coming out the gates being a badass.

"Take that Ferrari" implies it's their turn to wow us. They have stated it will be the fastest hypercar imaginable but have released no testing figures. The lowly Porsche 918 came out of nowhere with a 6:57 and that set the benchmark between the 3.
Fair enough.

·
Banned
308 Posts
I'm still in disbelief that a Porsche hybrid car came under 7 seconds officially on street configuration. We can't forget just how innovative that is for a car of its properties.

Imagine if Porsche would have developed a proper challenger for Mclaren and Ferrari? I personally think Porsche would have crowned the lap time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm still in disbelief that a Porsche hybrid car came under 7 seconds officially on street configuration. We can't forget just how innovative that is for a car of its properties.

Imagine if Porsche would have developed a proper challenger for Mclaren and Ferrari? I personally think Porsche would have crowned the lap time.
The 918 Spyder is LaFerrari and P1's rival. Nearly as much HP as the P1 with even more torque.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The 918 Spyder is LaFerrari and P1's rival. Nearly as much HP as the P1 with even more torque.
You're forgetting the most important thing, the weight. The 918 weighs almost a half ton more than the P1 and LaFerrari.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts