Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday McLaren Automotive released on their Facebook page three photos of the P1's interior: we can now finally see how the whole is gonna look like! I just wanted to know everyone's opinion here: what do you think about it? IMO it is nice, track focused, "all business" but still a bit too similar to the 12C's interior...

24285_10151239658966717_612565961_n.jpg

149986_10151239659401717_1258980401_n.jpg

285731_10151239669356717_647916211_n.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
I dig it. McLaren has always been a shining beacon of minimalism and function. This is an exercise in how you keep a car whose primary objective is performance from becoming a statement unto itself- function over fashion, with good fashion a direct function of diligent engineering.

As soon as you start slathering on the buttery creature comforts and bold interior design statements, you lose the ethos of the car and gain heft in the process. More hyper cars should follow this approach. Pagani, for example, makes a striking car. But let's be real- their interiors unarguably over the top.

If I can detract here, though... what the hell is the flea-market dash mat/pad hanging off the dash that I spy near the A/C vent?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
It looks like a carbon wrapped Volvo dash with floor mats on the dash...I don't see the design aspect to it at all. this is far less attractive than a 458 or aventador interior IMO and those cars will cost much less than this.

Plus...no center seat no care!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I love it, all business and nothing more. Everything is driver oriented and in the perfect place. I am all about function > form. I mean look at it's predecessor. Nothing more than you need.

·
Registered
448 Posts
hmmmm so much carbon...I like it as much as the other guy but soo much carbon and so low spec...oh well most likely track monster so wont need much to begin with so I get it

·
Registered
674 Posts
I love every single bit of it.

McLaren, well done. Again. This car is about one single purpose only and the interior is expressing that purpose, flawlessly. The simple and elegant yet extreme interior is perfect for a car like this.

The P1 will be like no other supercar, it will be a truly unique piece of automotive art and as mentioned it is following the path of its predecessor which never was a luxury car with fancy equipment. It´s almost a shame to call the interior of cars like the P1, the F1 and the Honda NSX interiors, these machines who all follow a similar engineering philosophy have cockpits. The interiors of these cars are not like any other car. The the perfect driving position, the perfect view, the open space...

·
Registered
610 Posts
this is far less attractive than a 458 or aventador interior IMO and those cars will cost much less than this.
And it will utterly decimate both of these cars in likely every measurable performance parameter man has conceived. I love current Lamborghini interiors, but they're fashion-centric. Ferrari's interiors have not evolved nearly enough in the last decade to truly impress me. The 599 and 458 have made leaps and bounds in their evolution beyond the 360 and 430, yet their interiors remain perplexingly similar and, complicated steering wheel notwithstanding, rather barren as well.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I wasn't comparing their performance

The interior of the P1 just does not look like much time was spent on it. If everyone is claiming they are a minimalist interior can you explain why there is that piece of floor mat on the dash? They obviously want it to look cool and it just doesn't. The car will be an engineering marvel no doubt. I"m just talking about the interior. From my personal opinion I'd want both amazing engineering inside and out

·
Registered
628 Posts
Don't like it all...I'm very sorry but IMO that is NOT a million $ (or Euro, whatever) interior... Not to mention they have betrayed the legacy of the McLaren F1 by getting rid of that "central driver's seat" layout

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I love the center seat of the McLaren F1 as much as the next person. I remember reading somewhere that McLaren wanted to have the center seat in the P1 but they couldn't due to modern regulations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Miss the center seat, but it is what it is. Function over Form is the way to go Mclaren. Even though interior is a great, everyone knows this isn't a daily car so it doesn't need to be comfortable. Wish other supercars came like this. Less focus on the interior and pay attention to the beauty of what the car suppose to do/prove.

·
Registered
76 Posts
At heart I'm a Ferrari guy, but god DAMN the P1 is nice! The interior isn't that amazing, just simple and all you need, it might not work for other supercars, but it works for Mclaren. Can't wait to see more of this sexy beast.

For the people hating on it, it might grow on you in the future... :whistle:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
i like it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts