·
Registered
58 Posts
:(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
must have been super scary since the doors open upwards and the car on its roof would not allow opening the doors. Unless there is a safety mechanism to open it.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I have no grounds or proof but having the driver in the middle seems like it would be really safe in a collision (not so much for the passengers).

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I was thinking it was a Mr. Bean event again too.

BTW with a wing that big, how can you even crash, so much down force.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Atkinson has actually crashed his F1 twice. I think the F1 really is a car that can kill you with ease (like the CGT).

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is definitely 'fixable' however that all depends on how much the owner is willing to pay. As it rolled over, it most likely needs a new monocoque, as well as front and read subframes. In addition to that the fact that this was bespoke (part of McLaren Bespoke Project 8) and that it had a High Downforce kit (which is around $250,000-$500,000 not too sure) it is definitely able to be fixed, however at a cost. Rowan Atkinson payed I believe £910,000 to repair his McLaren F1 (2011 Accident). If I'm not mistaken, the monocoque did not need to be replaced, only the rear subframe and the body panels. Rowan Atkinson did not have the High Downforce Kit on his car so the price to replace the bodywork would have considerably less. I do not know for certain but I have heard the figure estimated to be £1,300,000-£1,500,000 to completely fix this car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts