Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, However I feel the design elements of P1, and no real distinction between the new range leaves alot to be desired

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks good in silver.

From the article:
When you’re out there, stuck between the taxi's and buses and cyclists who like to chase supercars, even the financial relief the McLaren 570S brings in terms of McLaren pricing should be helpful.

3 pictures and full article

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am just sick of this played out powerplant! Yes it works ,yes it makes power etc etc but C'mon 12C,650S,P1,675LT,570S....all with a 3.8L TT V8. Is this the only motor they are capable of making????? Of course I am not naive enough to believe that but just saying. How many cars is this motor going to go in?? How many generations of McLaren's???

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am just sick of this played out powerplant! Yes it works ,yes it makes power etc etc but C'mon 12C,650S,P1,675LT,570S....all with a 3.8L TT V8. Is this the only motor they are capable of making????? Of course I am not naive enough to believe that but just saying. How many cars is this motor going to go in?? How many generations of McLaren's???
Can you afford any of these cars in the first place? C'mon mate, it's simple mathematics, to be profitable you have to save where you can without compromising quality.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can you afford any of these cars in the first place? C'mon mate, it's simple mathematics, to be profitable you have to save where you can without compromising quality.
You say that like every other car company ( especially in this class) is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Starting to like the way this car looks and weighing only 2,895 lbs is Epic.

From the article:
Under its carbon fiber hood is a 3.8-litre, 562 HP, twin-turbo V8, derived from the one found in the McLaren 650S. Granted, the engine has 30% of the components re-designed, but a tweaked version could rival its bigger brother. Weighing only 2,895 lbs, a stock McLaren 570S achieves a power to weight ratio of 428 horses per ton; 29 less than a stock McLaren 650S. Hmmmmmm……

Photos and article - McLaren 570S New Mega Gallery

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I got to go sit in one and mess around with it in Philly. It's still basically not the production car so you couldn't drive it but I LOVED everything about it in person. I wasn't sold on the back from pictures but seeing it in Person is way different. It's very wild and you can view the power plant and parts from various vantage points, plus all the carbon fiber goodness. There is no way this car should be starting under 200k. I put a deposit down on mine already and expect to take delivery early 2nd quarter of '16

·
Registered
347 Posts
I saw it in person in Greenwich. It's definitely good looking. For people crazy about carbon fiber this car has a lot of interior and exterior carbon parts!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ran across a 570S today. It's just like the Cayman [insert any MY here], ugly online but it's proportions become compelling in person.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just saw my first 570S - It's definitely one of those cars that looks a lot better in person than in pictures. From the front it kind of looks like an angry frog, but overall it's a great application of McLaren's design language in a smaller package.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of these on the road!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
i agree a lot with what Clarkson had originally said about the 12c. McClaren designs cars that look like they are designed with software and lab testing....which they do. There always seems to be a lack of 'romance' about them. Aside from the P1, which is on another level technologically, I couldnt see myself walking into a dealership to purchase one. Sometimes its not all about the numbers...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts