Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new baby McLaren. Very meh.. probably the ugliest sportscar in production at the moment in my humble opinion.

564 bhp, 1,313kg (2,895lbs). 0-62mph in 3.2sec, 0-124 mph 9.5sec, top speed 204mph.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with You. Very ugly. First thought when I saw the pics was "Chinese copy of... McLaren?!"
I have no doubt it's a great car for driving, but design is just huge disappointment.
I would rather take 2nd hand MP4.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The car looks descent in my opinion. I just wish they would give the car a little bit more of a different design to have it stand out more from the MP4 and the 650S.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The shape of the head and tail lights absolutely kill it for me. It looks like they just tried to make a "cute" looking 650s...
Lol I was thinking its like the Boxter Macca. They are just destroying resale with new models every 6 months that visually are derivatives of the predecessor. Its worse than Porsche. CF tub scissors doors dct and 3000 lb are cool but its a down market move for macca. The 650s is too pricey and doesnt have the cache or exclusivity of the Speciale IMO and the p1 already made teh monies so why not go after 911 turbo s, audi r9, mercedes amg gt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think it looks fine but the rear lights look kinda weird imo..not sure what kind of response my clients will have when i email them LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
McLaren 570s vs Porsche 911

To reach a broader audience the English went German, the 911 and R8 have been put on notice.

Let’s start with the whys. For one the 570S makes use of the same carbon fiber tub found in the 650S and 675LT, uses the same 3.8L McLaren built V8 and comes in the tasty mid-rear layout. While engine architecture is fundamentally identical, 30 percent of the components have been revised for the 570S.
The back end is really just an evil bug wearing braces on its bottom teeth.

I loved the 12C because it was sort-of clean looking, no frills just down to business. On every subsequent car the styling has become busier and more embellished while still managing to look drab.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I for one really like it. I think the orange doesn't do it justice. The gray looks classy. I agree the rear lights leave something to be desired but it's not a P1 its R8 and Turbo competition

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I wouldn't call it ugly but its definitely not as attractive as the other models.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The 12c was and still is a very nice looking car. When they released the P1 the 'flowy' styling took a bit to get used to but because it's so aggressively styled it works.

The 650s is a complete miss, as is the 570s. I'm all for styling language but McLaren needs to move away from this curvy bubbly Volkswagen Beetle like styling and go back to the straight to business 12c.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I don't mind it, I just don't like it in orange. The grey one looks a lot better and I think black would look even nicer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Watched a video on Instagram of it being revved, and I must say as much as I don't like the exterior styling it does sound very nice. I love the turbo whistle.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts