Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so we did an G63 with Brabus Widestar kit, suspension and exhaust, after few days of driving check engine light got on, got this car to a MB Dealer, since it still has factory warranty, MB dealer told that the fault is because of the exhaust, so we put sensors on O2 sensor to trick them that the exhaust is fine, and then.. check engine goes on again.. we thought maybe the one of four O2 sensors is dead, because only one shows fault, we changed it to new one, and guess what, Check engine light comes on again! MB Dealer told us that is still Brabus exhaust problems, Brabus told us that everything must be fine and this is cars problems.. car has 12k km on the odometer..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we did that, and since the fault still was on, we took the car for the O2 sensor change, but then we put back the Brabus exhaust..

·
Registered
492 Posts
Read about a similar problem on MBworld a couple months back, guy put the car back to stock and it was fine, except his issues were way worse than a check engine light. check your parts again

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
My cousin in Europe had the same problem with after market exaust, put back oem and no issues.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Does it delete the catalytic converters? If so you will get a code for the rear o2 sensors, although this should not affect the drivability in any way.

I would suggest using another o2 spacer if this is the case.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it delete the catalytic converters? If so you will get a code for the rear o2 sensors, although this should not affect the drivability in any way.

I would suggest using another o2 spacer if this is the case.

Nope.. I'm getting the fault for the front sensors, and i don't want to change the exhaust, the sound is too awesome ;)

p.s. i will check the test later, but as i remember this was the only one fault in the test..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts