Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dissapointed to read an article that read that 2013 will be last year the Maybach is produced. I want to understand how a great product and brand falls so short. Please give your feedback on how to ressurect this great brand and turn the company around. Can we pool together some money to buy the company.......anything but discontinuation!

Luxury Car Evolution: 2002 Maybach 57/62

:(:(:(

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing for Maybach fans (I'm not a huge fan, but I do appreciate the marque and what MB tries to do with it with respect to competing against RR and Bentley). It's been a bit uninspired, though, compared to Bentley and RR and I think that's where its downfall lies. Sales have been horrendous, so I can't blame MB for cutting it loose... I just wish they didn't have to.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing for Maybach fans (I'm not a huge fan, but I do appreciate the marque and what MB tries to do with it with respect to competing against RR and Bentley). It's been a bit uninspired, though, compared to Bentley and RR and I think that's where its downfall lies. Sales have been horrendous, so I can't blame MB for cutting it loose... I just wish they didn't have to.
Yea it's never been well for their market penetration. MB is going to go for the S class Pullman as a potential replacement.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
From what I understand, they will keep the concept of an ultra luxurious chauffeured car and bring it under the S class belt. In my opinion, Maybach did interiors better than Bentley or Rolls Royce, but after all the car was just a spruced up S class. A good chunk of the Maybach market base bought the car for the luxury features and not to parade around as a blatant status symbol such as a RR or Bentley. Therefore, it makes sense for Mercedes to absorb the marque.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How much more would you pay for the S Class Pullman? MB will have to do something special if they want a 300k S Class to work.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Will it be replaced with something like this?
Mercedes-Benz-S-Class_Pullman_Limousine_W220_2001_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg
Mercedes-Benz-S-Class_Pullman_Limousine_W220_2001_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

Because if so I like it much better then the Maybach. They were so big that streching it really doesn't hurt it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Rolls Royce is the ultimate reason for the failure of Maybach. I still believe that there is life left for the brand as a smaller company. Trim the fat and bring it back. Focus on the heritage. Deploy more strategic marketing (Visually and Contentwise)....Compete "Maybach is iconic!"

·
Registered
95 Posts
bit disappointing to me.. I was looking forward to what they might bring me in the future.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They should stop making them and make an S65 AMG Black Series.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts