Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may be moving to atlanta for a few months starting in november. just wondering if l4p is big in the area that things will be around to do, coming from NE tristate crew im used to being busy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Atlanta is awesome. There are a lot of things to do like any major city. Clubs, restaurants, concerts and if you have some free time you can drive outside the perimeter and go on some nice stretches of country roads. So many roads so little police :wink: Atlanta has a good amount of marathons throughout the year and they are a blast. If you ever go to one PM me!

I have seen a few L4P members on the forums are in Atlanta not sure if any events have happened but I would love to go to one!

Early welcome mate!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I moved down here from NNJ in March and love it so far. Such a great city to live in though it's no NYC.

Car scene is ok. Lots of exotics but you don't really have the meets and runs like the NE or South FL. Caffeine and Octane is a really good monthly meet in the north. I haven't been able to make it up to the mountains to run but will be going soon with Todd. I hear they are amazing!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I moved down here from NNJ in March and love it so far. Such a great city to live in though it's no NYC.

Car scene is ok. Lots of exotics but you don't really have the meets and runs like the NE or South FL. Caffeine and Octane is a really good monthly meet in the north. I haven't been able to make it up to the mountains to run but will be going soon with Todd. I hear they are amazing!
I about an hour outside of atlanta in seneca SC

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Hurry up and get here, then we'll have more ATL L4P'ers and maybe we can get more stuff going. N. Ga mountains make for fun driving - just not on Sundays.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Atlanta is a great city and lots of events. If you have to work in the city make sure you check the traffic flow. PM me when you come down to scout an area or visit.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Atlanta is the drifting capital of the east coast. Many 240s, rx7s, supras and lots of GTRs. Unfortuantly, exotics are rare and seem to be very low variety. Always an F430, Gallardo, 911 turbo or Bentley CGT. Boring. However, ATL is the center during summer and many cars from Tennessee, N & S Carolina, Alabama and Florida come here for a couple of weeks. Most are terrably modded though because mainly rappers own them. It's fun though if you stay active in events and meets. Potenza on Peachtree is 2nd saturday every month and is sponsored by Ferrari/Maserati. Caffeine and Octane is first Sunday of every month and all sorts show up. It gets bigger every month. Get in tune with dealers on events they have aswell hosted by Tuxedo Road Magazine. Drift events are a regular at the varsity if you are into that

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll be coming down for some factory Porsche training. the facility is on the SW side of the city, and my housing is already set up. i'd be down in the area probably the last week of october.

not really big into drifting...straight through a turn is quicker. i do know road Atlanta is in the area(gee the name gives it away) maybe we can plan something for the spring at the track. like a group for a track day.

mountain roads huh....

oh dare i say i'm an eagles fan?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
i'll be coming down for some factory Porsche training. the facility is on the SW side of the city, and my housing is already set up. i'd be down in the area probably the last week of october.

not really big into drifting...straight through a turn is quicker. i do know road Atlanta is in the area(gee the name gives it away) maybe we can plan something for the spring at the track. like a group for a track day.

mountain roads huh....

oh dare i say i'm an eagles fan?
eagles as in the band or the team? A track day for L4P members sounds fun and I'd be down 4 sure. Spring is aways off though. Road Atlanta is in Braselton actually and is a good 1 hour + drive from Atlanta. ATL motor speedway is in Griffin which is roughly 45 minutes south of town.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
football team.

wow kinda far, but everything ive read and seen its a nice track, so probably wort it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Atlanta is a great place to be to enjoy your passing to play with cars. It has something for everyone from imports to exotics. There are local track days that are set up quite often and take place at Little Talladega race track, Roebling race track, and Road Atlanta. Mtn runs happen as often as every other weekend. I guess i'll start posting here some of the local track days.

Hit up Andretti Motor Speed laps every Monday for indoor go karting. Most fun you'll have on a indoor track.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I moved here a year ago from Florida... and like it enough to stick around.

Been meaning to check out caffeine and octane but my Sat night activities generally preclude me from waking up that early on a Sunday.

I would be interested in a spring track day... project should be finished by then.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
^^ Where in ATL are you? ItODDospeed and I are in Gwinnett. We've never made it to Caffeine and Octane either, too damn early!

·
Registered
347 Posts
^^ Where in ATL are you? ItODDospeed and I are in Gwinnett. We've never made it to Caffeine and Octane either, too damn early!
I live in Peachtree Hills / Buckhead... I've only been OTP a couple of times... I need to venture out.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
eh, there's only so much worth venturing out for. Glad to know there are more L4P'ers in ATL, we're always looking to meet more people who share our interests.

If you ever need a hella awesome detail job, Whitlock is your man.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Atlanta is the drifting capital of the east coast. Many 240s, rx7s, supras and lots of GTRs. Unfortuantly, exotics are rare and seem to be very low variety. Always an F430, Gallardo, 911 turbo or Bentley CGT. Boring. However, ATL is the center during summer and many cars from Tennessee, N & S Carolina, Alabama and Florida come here for a couple of weeks. Most are terrably modded though because mainly rappers own them. It's fun though if you stay active in events and meets. Potenza on Peachtree is 2nd saturday every month and is sponsored by Ferrari/Maserati. Caffeine and Octane is first Sunday of every month and all sorts show up. It gets bigger every month. Get in tune with dealers on events they have aswell hosted by Tuxedo Road Magazine. Drift events are a regular at the varsity if you are into that
hmmm i have yet to see a gtr on the road around here

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well bad news, there were only 10 slots for the training program and i didnt make the cut, so i'm not moving to atl. i def wanna visit the area though...ill def pay attention to this region if i come down

·
Registered
347 Posts
really? I've seen a number of them. We were going to the mtn cruise last sunday and passed one in Canton??? I live in Atlantic Station and Ive seen at least 4 there.
Yeah... I've seen a bunch around Buckhead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts