Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone sent in their Maui Jim glasses for warranty repair? Some chick put her heel through my lens at the Kings of Leon concert and the damn things aren't even two months old. I'm wondering what the end result was of those of you that did and how did you break yours?

I have an ill feeling that these are now an expensive piece of trash :bitenails:

Thanks!
RC

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I've never had to send any of mine in "YET" but this is exactly why I buy MJ's b/c sh*t happens....send them in and report back to us

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shipping them out as soon as I get back in town......... more to come

My Costas have been through hell and back, in the ocean almost everyday for five years and have never had a problem. No rusted hinges, no corrosion on the lenses.....

If Maui Jim doesn't pull through, I'm affraid all the future business goes back to Costa Del Mar

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
If they are made by Luxottica, you should be good, especially if they are in current production.

I had a pair of Chanel's that broke and were no longer produced. They had me pick out several styles in a specified retail price range, call them back with the model #'s and they sent me a new pair.

Bonus was the fact I bought the originals on eBay for $200, wore them for 2+ years, then got a limit of $320 to pick out my new ones. Didn't like what I got, so I took them back to Sunglass Hut and got the Tiffany ones I really wanted.

Luxottica is a great company.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Send them in. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I called them recently to get a replacement case that I left behind in a rental car. They didn't even let me finish telling them the full story before asking where they should send the case. I know lenses are more expensive, but you never know.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
dont you need to call them b4 sending it ?

if it's damaged by accident, don't expect them to cover it under warranty. but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Shipping them out as soon as I get back in town......... more to come

My Costas have been through hell and back, in the ocean almost everyday for five years and have never had a problem. No rusted hinges, no corrosion on the lenses.....

If Maui Jim doesn't pull through, I'm affraid all the future business goes back to Costa Del Mar

A girl stepped on your glasses with her heels....how is that a warranty issue??

·
Registered
634 Posts
I will never buy maui jims again. Had a pair with the flexible ear pieces and they snapped a couple months after having them. I sent them back and they told me I would need to pay for shipping to which I told them no way and they eventually caved and paid for shipping. They broke again a few months after getting that pair back. Ended up going to the mall and buying some $30 Fossil sunglasses and they have been fantastic!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go back to your Maui Jim dealer. They will be able to ship it out and get the parts replaced for a very minimal fee. Of course you pay for the shipping or your dealer will charge you a service charge but to get it repaired is always good. May cost you $20-40 but that's better than buying another pair of inferior sunglasses. my 2 cents.

btw, I work in the industry so I am not just blowing smoke.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I will never buy maui jims again. Had a pair with the flexible ear pieces and they snapped a couple months after having them. I sent them back and they told me I would need to pay for shipping to which I told them no way and they eventually caved and paid for shipping. They broke again a few months after getting that pair back. Ended up going to the mall and buying some $30 Fossil sunglasses and they have been fantastic!
MJ definitely has a few models that continually break. For instance their rimless plastic frames. They are terrible and break lenses all the time because how they are mounted. But of course your MJ dealer won't tell you. I just take them out and don't bother selling them.

You can't fool me, MJ!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've had SEVERAL pairs of Maui's and I love them. I've had issues with lenses cracking because a kid picked them up at a party and bent them open too far and I had my local Maui shop send them back in to be taken care of. I think it cost me $15 and they sent me a BRAND NEW PAIR. My dad has had similar experiences with returns.

I've had GREAT experiences with Maui's customer service!

D!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
all my maui's have snapped in half on the nose piece and they have always told me they will sell me a new pair at half price...must have had bad luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts