Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my clients has a Lamborghini Gallardo Nera car #02/185. On the hood, roof and rear fenders all are matte paint, the problem is it has some hard water spots and at some time some white overspray got on the surface. I have no idea where to start or chemicals to use other than opti-seal to help protect it.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
take a look - Per BMW Frozen Gray Care
-----------
Treatment of the car's specialized paint means the owners must never polish or wax the vehicle, or enter an automatic car wash that uses hot wax. A high pressure rinse is also required before hitting the auto wash. The car must be treated with kid gloves by the owner, who must remove excrement (huh?), fuel, insects, oil, sap and tar immediately with a sponge, while taking care not to rub the paint too hard.

·
Registered
603 Posts
take a look - Per BMW Frozen Gray Care
-----------
Treatment of the car's specialized paint means the owners must never polish or wax the vehicle, or enter an automatic car wash that uses hot wax. A high pressure rinse is also required before hitting the auto wash. The car must be treated with kid gloves by the owner, who must remove excrement (huh?), fuel, insects, oil, sap and tar immediately with a sponge, while taking care not to rub the paint too hard.
sounds like too much of pain to me. I'd rather purchase a standard color and get it wrapped myself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Matte or Satin Finish Paint

DO NOT polish, wet-sand or use conventional wax or use an automatic car wash that uses hot wax in the final rinse, as the flattening agents that cause the matte appearance (textured finish) by diffuse 30 degree reflection are retained very close to the clear coat surface. By waxing or levelling the surface the light will be reflected evenly and result in a ‘shine’. Use a rotary polisher and an ultra soft, zero abrasive cut (Lake County CCS Concourse Gold (100 PPI) foam pad) with a mild chemical paint cleaner (Zaino Z-AIO - All in One) it will remove surface marring and leave it satin matte. Use a clear polymer (Zaino Z-CS - Clear Seal) the key is to add surface protection and depth without adding gloss.

Swisswax Opaque Wax- a premium wax specially developed for all satin matt paintwork types. It offers your car's paintwork thorough long term protection against all kinds of negative contaminants without damaging its satin matte appearance (See also Swisswax Opaque range for matte finish paints)

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of my clients has a Lamborghini Gallardo Nera car #02/185. On the hood, roof and rear fenders all are matte paint, the problem is it has some hard water spots and at some time some white overspray got on the surface. I have no idea where to start or chemicals to use other than opti-seal to help protect it.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!
This car sounds familiar. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
what about matte finish wrap care??
Cleaning / Care Vinyl Wrap

Swisswax Opaque products for Matte finish paint and vinyl wraps have been specifically developed (oil free) to ensure that they don’t change the appearance in matt paint or vinyl wraps.

• Wash surface with Swisswax (SV) Opaque Car Bath
• Prior to wax application the wrap needs to be totally free from oils and dirt. Clean all wrapped surfaces with SV Opaque Pre-cleaner.
• Spray a 100% cotton micro fibre towel and apply to one panel at a time.
• Wipe off with a clean 100% cotton towel
• Apply SV Opaque Wax to one panel at a time, this wax will provide depth without adding a shine
• Allow to dry for 10 minutes before buffing off and moving to the next section.
• After the wax has out gassed and set-up, allow 2-3 hours and then buff the surface with a soft 100% cotton micro fibre towel
• Use Quick Finish Opaque as a quick detailer to remove finger marks and smudges

·
Registered
790 Posts
The dark side of matte finishes. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts