Luxury4Play.com banner

MasterWhite's House build

57K views 282 replies 35 participants last post by  MasterWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
So the time has come for me to leave my 700 sq ft 2 br Penthouse and to build a house.

here is a teaser ;) while i relax in Cancun for a week before the design/modification of floor plans starts.

2200 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 car garage, plus 800 sq ft walkout basement backing on to a private golf course.
In total 3000 SQ FT

See less See more
#26 ·
Who's the builder?

#16 ·
There is a Window limit as per building code in the region with regard to other houses next to mine, BUT i did add extra windows to Bedroom 2 and 3. I should have the architectural drawing soon that will have a final layout of everything and measurements.

#19 ·
turn the unexcavated area into a home theater or golf simulator. Or better yet a drop down car lift turning the area into a showroom with a wine cellar/cigar room.

#24 · (Edited)
Looking forward to seeing the build process. Good looking place too!

Just a heads up.. When my parents moved down here from PA to FL. We rented a nice condo on a golf course while our house was being built and the view was awesome. Very similar to your location. It was a nice view but we became very paranoid to be outside for any length of time, the place was hit minimal 5 ta 6 times a year with golf balls. (The times we saw damage or were home when it happen) We had 3 cars and we would park 1 outside because of the 2 car garage and one of the cars was dented with a ball.. We would come home to broken windows, it was nuts.. One fond memory of my Mom walking me out to my car when I was going to school in the morning and a ball hit 3 feet away from her from some guys drive. When the guy came over to retrieve it she was so pissed she told him "Learn how to play golf you fucking dick!" and threw the ball back at him. It was not like her at all but it was very frustrating.. LOL

I don't mean to deter you, just our experience. Hey, maybe you will have better golfers where you live!

#25 ·
Congrats. I've been back and forth about buying a new semi-custom home as well with Lennar. It's a great way to go, I just can't get what I want so I will have to buy something older and build the way I want it.

#36 ·
Main floor up front is 2nd floor in the back, and the 1st floor in the back is actually a basement, in Canada it's called a walk out basement feature. This feature can only be done on the golf course backing lots because of the lot grade. It gives the basement the same window to wall ratio as the main level.

The main level door will have a 24sq ft wooden deck/patio/balcony that is not yet shown on the drawings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.