Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
14,490 Posts
I wonder how his transmission feels lol.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Huh? What does a burnout have to do with your transmission? It puts more wear on your rear brakes then anything else (besides tires obviously)

·
14,490 Posts
Huh? What does a burnout have to do with your transmission? It puts more wear on your rear brakes then anything else (besides tires obviously)

Its a BMW....full warranty lol :p and its CPO
Good to go then! lol. Pretty sweet burnout none the less. New tire time!.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I did something similar a few years back just before a tire change... but mine was nearly 2 minutes long. :D
Don't want to thread jack so I won't post the video.
However, be prepared for the most ignorant boobtube comments you've ever read about how the car is now destroyed. :lol:

·
14,490 Posts
I did something similar a few years back just before a tire change... but mine was nearly 2 minutes long. :D
Don't want to thread jack so I won't post the video.
However, be prepared for the most ignorant boobtube comments you've ever read about how the car is now destroyed. :lol:
:laugh:
Pretty sure I've seen your burnout. And it was insane. You had a manual though not an SMG right?.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
:laugh:
Pretty sure I've seen your burnout. And it was insane. You had a manual though not an SMG right?.
yeah, my E46 is manual. But even in the SMG the trans doesn't know the difference between a burnout or you holding a gear on the highway, other than the lack of air through the trans cooler. As long as you don't do it for long you're alright. Although, I'd follow it up with a blast down the highway to get some airflow through the motor & trans oil coolers before shutting it down.

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
That was a great burnout. Props to your friend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts