1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
This car is hideous. Good thing Maserati stepped up their game...

Reactions: dc350

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hate to say it but Gevojanyan is right; I'd rather get an E46 Bimmer which looks far more distinctive than what appears to be any Euro-box with a Trident stuck on it. Of course my knowledge of Maserati isn't broad; however the Ghibli I does look pretty amazing.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
E46 is very common in Slovenia (I also drive 325i every day). Even M3 version is not a stranger to our roads but on the other hand Maserati Ghibli is very exotic, you almost never see them on the road. That's why this car looks interesting to me, but I don't want to end up with something that is to expensive to maintain properly.

·
Registered
469 Posts
sometimes a car may be exotic because it just isn't good. lol

in all seriousness though; Bmw has a vast assortment of different models that you can relish in. Some can be made and tuned to be unbelievably attractive. Even if you don't go with an M; for instance a proper e38 7 series or e34 (5 series) have aged exceptionally!
Oh and of course the e39's!

Or you could swing mercedes and go for the e30 m3 benchmark aka the mercedes 190 e (/evo) which can be turned into amazing drivers cars with high standard of rarity and respect (because only real car people can spot it ; much less no what it is).
although a bmw would be easier to maintain (imo).

or s4 b5. alot of options....sorry if i got off track lol :)

Reactions: In AWD We Trust

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Man.. An older Maserati doesn't sound like a good idea.

Reactions: In AWD We Trust

·
Registered
18 Posts
these Maserati are really good cars, as long as it was well maintained.

a lot of crap is written about the Biturbos. the Ghibli II is awesome and the fact that its value keeps going is the proof of that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think that car is dripping with time-period cool.

Maintenance aside, I'd love one. It's an oddity, and in the best way. The wheels are phenomenal, the proportions are dead-on 80's Italy (despite later production), the forward rake is fantastic, and the overall shape is unmistakable Maser, even if you've never seen the particular model.

You don't own a car like that for running costs or practicality, you own it to enjoy one of the highest crowd-forming to entry-point ratios imaginable. With that said, I'm wholly fond of late 80's, early 90's transitional sports cars and my penchants are unashamedly there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did anyone here owned Maserati Ghibli 2.0 (1992-1998) and had it for longer period of time? I'd like to know what are real running costs when its mileage gets over 150000 miles. Is it reliable car or problematic car in general? Are running costs comparable to cars like BMW M3 of that period or much higher?

1994 Maserati Ghibli Coupe full range specs

BEAUTIFUL AUTO!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree.

Maintenance aside, I'd love one. It's an oddity, and in the best way. The wheels are phenomenal, the proportions are dead-on 80's Italy (despite later production), the forward rake is fantastic, and the overall shape is unmistakable Maser, even if you've never seen the particular model.

You don't own a car like that for running costs or practicality, you own it to enjoy one of the highest crowd-forming to entry-point ratios imaginable. With that said, I'm wholly fond of late 80's, early 90's transitional sports cars and my penchants are unashamedly there.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I agree, but it's still good to know what are the running costs, so you will know before purchase if you can even afford it. It's no point to have a car, but not enough funds you can maintain it properly so you will be able to use it at least occasionally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts