Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to shed some light to this incident as at the time it puzzled me but now that I am not alone in this thought I believe it should be discussed.

It involved Mark Webbers (now controversial) accident and crash into Mercedes Driver Nice Rosberg. If you look at the replay its clear there were safer solutions then to slide back into traffic. Specially considering the track was very wet and slick. Also consider Mark Webber is the president of FOTA (formula 1 drivers association)

The other day a friend and I were watching the Korean GP race over again. It wasn't really until he brought it up that I confirmed in my head the second I saw it live. Webber TOOK OUT NICO. Aiming for Alonso most likely.

Article here, Berger: Webber took out the wrong one | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Please discuss.

PS. I have never thought highly of Webber's attitude and this incident should be reviewed by the stewards. Knowing how deep Webber is in Forumula 1 though it probably never will.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he wanted to take one of his rivals out

But I don't think they will ever prove anything
Im not trying to start a movement to get action, just shedding light on a driver that is supposed to hold some morals.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I really doubt that the then leader of the world championship points race, after hitting the wall after a fairly mild spin, said to himself, I think I am going to put myself in harms way, and allow myself to intentional roll across the track while facing the wrong way, so I can get hit by a car going 60+ miles an hour, because it will help me and my team in the points race.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I really doubt that the then leader of the world championship points race, after hitting the wall after a fairly mild spin, said to himself, I think I am going to put myself in harms way, and allow myself to intentional roll across the track while facing the wrong way, so I can get hit by a car going 60+ miles an hour, because it will help me and my team in the points race.
Schumacher has done it.. He crashed into Villeneuve and Hill

Im not trying to start a movement to get action, just shedding light on a driver that is supposed to hold some morals.
I know, i just think that there is always some kind of foul play in F1

·
Registered
496 Posts
Senna did it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You haven't been watching Formula 1 long enough.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have been following F1 for many years. I still find it hard to believe that he would intentionally back across the track and risk someone smashing into his front end.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been following F1 for many years. I still find it hard to believe that he would intentionally back across the track and risk someone smashing into his front end.
Then you haven't been racing yourself for long enough...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Then you haven't been racing yourself for long enough...
It doesn't have anything to do with following it for a length of time. I have been following F1 since the early 90's. I am familliar with most of the incidents mentioned in this thread, and in most of those cases the driver causing the wreck hadn't already hit the wall. I have my opinion and you have yours. As a good Jewish friend of mine says, "If two people are in agreement, one of them is unecessary."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts