Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Manresa and wanted to share some pics

Thanks for the recommendation Chuck! for the most part, I thought it was excellent but I still find French Laundry to be much, much better. Only complaint I had of the night was that the food, all of it, was much too salty for my liking ... I'm not a light eater so something that was too salty for me is pretty amazing ...

anyway, enough banter, onto the real stuff :clap:

Olive flavored Madeleine cookie

ok sorry for no flash, but Chuck warned me so I didn't us eany at all :confused:

horchata

fried foie gras

peppercorn roasted foie gras

I have noooo idea

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and now the meal REALLY starts ...

mongolian butter

amber jack sashimi in light vinegar sauce

caviar with wood ash roasted vegetables?

into the vegetable garden salad

what a work of art ...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

autumn soup? many different kinds of grilled sea creatures in here lol

japanese butter fish

cinnamon bread toasted veal?

this was actually the most disappointing meal of the night ... the meat was too ... chewy, did not melt, and had no flavor of either salt or beef ... ??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now on to dessert

crepe dish with mocha cream block and pomegranate tart sorbet

sesame seed cakes ... and figs?

banana cream chocolate dipped .... item lol with cinnamon infused milk

chocolate madeleine cookie

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

nummi tea

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
wow cool pics even w/o flash :wink:

$331 w/o tip for 2 :bitenails:

Thanks for sharing Lorrie :clap:
I just left Los Gatos Lambo not too long ago :D

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i meant to ping you to see how it all went. the chef never got back to me so it is possible he wasn't there (i later learned there was a big shindig in vegas for all the Michelin chefs.)

the egg is the famous "L'arpege Egg", named after the Paris restaurant (one of the best in the world) where it was originally served. it is slow-cooked at 65 degree or so, with layers of maple syrup and sherry vinegar whipped cream. it is one of life's great pleasures when done correctly.

believe it or not, the beef is the same as French Laundry (i think they're the only 2 restaurants that get it) but i do agree w/ you there. TFL simply grilled it and that's all it needs.

i can understand liking French Laundry better - i just don't. :)

- chuck

·
Registered
207 Posts
looks great! now i'm hungry again...and i just had dinner

must give that place a try since it's much closer than french laundry

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i meant to ping you to see how it all went. the chef never got back to me so it is possible he wasn't there (i later learned there was a big shindig in vegas for all the Michelin chefs.)

the egg is the famous "L'arpege Egg", named after the Paris restaurant (one of the best in the world) where it was originally served. it is slow-cooked at 65 degree or so, with layers of maple syrup and sherry vinegar whipped cream. it is one of life's great pleasures when done correctly.

believe it or not, the beef is the same as French Laundry (i think they're the only 2 restaurants that get it) but i do agree w/ you there. TFL simply grilled it and that's all it needs.

i can understand liking French Laundry better - i just don't. :)

- chuck
Hmm it could be what people refer to as a hit and miss. some of the dishes were definitely delicious while others left me :confused:. I am definitely not opposed to going back again, but on a food tastiness scale, at the moment I am a huge fan of Michael Mina's ... :clap:

Looks fantastic, I still need to make it down there.

must be a balla :lol:
lol ... you'd know! :whistle:

unless she paid... in which case that makes him (or her) a gold digga :lol:
:whistle: ....

Lorrie Manresa I have found to be hit and miss the first time I went it was fantastic the second time I was disappointed items were cool not hot when served and the third time it was great again? I have heard this from friends as well. Thanks for sharing!
yup, i've heard many of the same things from friends who have gone to Manresa. I am not opposed to visiting again at another time of the year ... perhaps summer? haha ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts