Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow L4P members, I need some advice in a major way! I will try to make this as short and sweet as possible, but I want to provide you with the full details of the story.

On 9/21/2010 I purchased a new daily driver, a new 2010 Nissan Altima. Part of the agreement was for the dealership to install a factory spoiler, I received a "We Owe You" slip. When scheduling the appointment I was informed that the people who do the work were not on site on the weekend, so if I could take it to their shop they would be able to do it on a Saturday. The spoiler was put on and the next day I drove on a road trip. I noticed that it was lifting away from the body as if it was not properly secured. After immediatley calling the shop I was advised by the manager to bring it back in.

The next weekend I took the car back in and voiced my concerns with how he was going to fix it. I was concerned with how they were going to remove it and place it back on without damaging the trunk, he assured me it would be 100%. I left the car with him all day and upon pick up noticed ten to twelve little dents in the trunk deck lid along with a bunch of minor scratches from where they pryed the spolier off. I immediately took the car to the dealership and showed the damage to the Sales Manager. He agreed they screwed up and promised to make it 100% right.

I had two demands, first, the job was to be completed 100% correct, and second, I did not want the same shop working on the car again. They already screwed it up twice and I do not believe they should recieve a third chance. After a week goes by and no one contacts me I start making phone calls. No one from the dealership ever returned my calls, I had to keep trying to reach them. Once I finally reached the Sales Manager, he couldn't give me an update without speaking to the shop....????? WTF, I thought I made it clear it wasn't to go back there in addition to the fact that he told me HE would make it right, even if it meant switching the trunk lid with a factory one (paint matching) that had the spolier attached. Instead the snake sent it back to the other shop behind my back.

They had to repaint and fix the whole trunk lid, then I get a call from the body shop saying the paint doesn't match (no shit, it's a metallic paint with three colors). The body shop manager wanted my permission to "blend" the rear quarter panels to match, and asked if he could paint the bumper because of a scuff he noticed (this is a new car only driven for a week, and it was absolutly scuff free, I would know since I hand waxed it). Still to this minute no one from the dealership has returned my mutliple messages. I told the body shop manager to STOP working on my car completly, and that my girlfriend (who is an attorney) will be there tomorrow to take pictures of the car as it is now.

What foot do I have to stand on guys?? They have failed to deliver on their half of the contract in my eyes, but this is a legal nightmare if it even goes that route. I have plenty of evidence in my favor, the body shop already admitted the paint doesn't match 100% and they have not been able to correct the situation shy of repainting half of a brand new car. This is not what I agreed to purchase.... who wants their new car repainted and blended to match because of a preventable mistake??? I am going to the dealership tomorrow since I am out of town today to speak with the GM face to face........ I just want my new car back how I purchased it...NEW.

Sorry again for the length, and all advice is welcome!!!

RC

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am no expert, but I'd say just show up at the dealership unannounced and make it clear that your there to get answers. Don't be pushie or negative, be firm on your issues and be willing to work with them. Think of a few alternatives to remedy the situation, and propose them to the dealer.

Maybe just get them to give you the same car but new?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Tumbler, I'm trying my best to keep my cool! The sales manager finally called me back today, we left off with him getting the car back to the dealership for me to see tomorrow, and if I'm not satified they will order a factory deck lid with the spoiler already attached. I hope for his sake it's 100% right and can be settled there and then.

Even if they correct the situation, I would not recommend them based on the amount of frustration I've been put through, the lack of communication, and deceptive practices. DO NOT GO TO LOKEY NISSAN or any Lokey Dealership for that matter.

RC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts