Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got in touch with Dion from Magrette a pleasure to deal with. I commissioned him to make me a one off custom engraved piece for me. I gave him the engraver Andrew Biggs free range to design a custom story on the watch! Here are some pictures of the finished product that is incoming. It looks fantastic. I'm going to get a custom strap from Rob made for this watch to accent the colors and the design.

The piece will be feature on the website as well as a small local article in New Orleans.

Attachments

·
3,114 Posts
Did you get to pick the name that was put on the dial as well?

No doubt that Dion is a great guy to deal with! I recently sent my "new" to me Magrette Regattare back to him to fix some issues and the communication has been unbelievable.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
That is sweet! Do you mind posting a ball park price range? If not, I completely understand.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
^^^Less than you'd think...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Awesome looking! Detail is great

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys just got back from NYC. I will send some PMs about the pricing! I'm very excited to get the watch in hand. I think its going to replace the M19 that I wear daily. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I really like that...can't wait to see a wrist shot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have been spotting these watches for a couple weeks now and am really hooked... Would love a wrist shot or two when you get a chance.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here is the Story Dion Just emailed me:

The Takahe A Custom engraved watch for Richard Watler Jr.
Tane, the most powerful of all the Gods is the Lord of the forests, plants and all things living in them, including the birds. The Takahe, one of Tane's children is a proud bird and large and a famous cousin of the Pukeko. It's feathers were sought after because of their bright and beautiful colors and because the Takahe was so big, it was also a good meal for Tane's other children...............man. But the Takahe's biggest enemy came from across the ocean in the forms of weasels, stoats. and other predators.

Hunted mercilessly by man and the predators, and severely depleted in numbers, the Takahe went from being a proud noble bird to hiding in dark places and living in chaos in the deep areas of Fiordland. In fact it was so good at hiding that man thought it had become extinct.

But Tane had not forgotten the Takahe and down through the ages watched as his children suffered till he could bear it no more. So he sent a Manaia (guardian angel) to bring the Takahe back out into the light and regain their status as a proud and noble bird. Today they are a protected bird and man no longer hunts them but helps protect them from other predators from across the oceans.

The Native New Zealand bird, the Takahe, was thought to be extinct. Then in 1948, Dr Geoffrey Orbell discovered a nest of them in the Murchison Mountain range in Fiordland. Today there are only about 200 Takahe in the wild and are carefully being nurtured and brought back from the brink of extinction by volunteers and the Department of conservation.

Below is the drawing with some notes about the design:

·
Registered
897 Posts
beautiful

1 - 20 of 40 Posts