Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new 13inch Macbook Pro Retina late last year and have been on the hunt for a decent protective shell without too much luck. Ultimately looking for something with a simple gloss carbon print but open to any suggestions. Really after something that wraps around the sides for protection so any sticker/vinyl is out.

Have done numerous searches on google and ebay without any luck.

Top of my list so far is the Ion carbon fibre shell which is listed for $179.95 however it seems it only comes in the 15inch size and there are a few reviews regarding really bad fitment. Image below.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
That looks awesome and I really want a carbon shell for my 13 inch MacBook. I just don't want the case to cause hairline scratches on my aluminum.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That looks awesome. The only one I can find for my macbook air looks similar to the Ion, but has leather covers on each side.
The Speck covers that you can find at the Apple store are good, but are plain.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I wouldn't put a case on it, what's the point of the beautiful aluminum shell and the sleekness if you're just going to cover it up and add bulk?

However, that carbon fiber one is very cool if you insist on getting one.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wouldn't put a case on it, what's the point of the beautiful aluminum shell and the sleekness if you're just going to cover it up and add bulk?

However, that carbon fiber one is very cool if you insist on getting one.
Get what you are saying and agree with you in some ways. Problem is that I travel a lot and on my previous macbook pro 13 inch I ended up with small dints in the sides as well as heavy scratches on the bottom of the laptop. Surprisingly the aluminium that the macbook pros are made of isn't all that durable.

Also, I was typing with a metal watch on a few times which unknowingly caused chips, scratches and dints on the edges below the trackpad,

Really after something that doesn't add too much bulk and has a nice quality finish. So many of the cases on the market are just cheap plastic and look hideous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts