Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering free shoots until september 1st!
I am currently making a website and just need to think of a name
PM me or text me if you are interested

Luke Frampton

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Have you ever done a set up shoot or just event photography as it seems in your flickr? If you have I think you would be better off posting examples from that to give people an idea of what they would be getting.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
event photography

But I have been shooting events for about a year and a half and I am currently setting up 3 shoots and have another person interested. I alos believe that I have alot of experience

·
Registered
390 Posts
Having looked through your flickr there are a lot of nice cars but none of the photos are composed well.

There is a difference between taking nice photos and taking photos of nice things.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I upload everything I take almost and edit just about nothing! My photos are almost completely pure! The portfolio set are my best shots :)
Also I am young and I am definately not the best photog is the world!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I say all power to you and props to anyone willing to let you photoshoot their car or whatever it is they want done. Not everyone can spend thousands of dollars on photography equipment and everyone has to start somewhere, hell, I'm just barely starting myself. Good luck. Photography is a hard but fun hobby. Oh and you might want to have your couple of photoshoots free so you can practice and make a name for yourself, wait until you get more heavily involved and get better equipment before you start charging.(Thats what I'm doing at the moment) Good luck:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man! and I'm probably going to extend it! anyone who talks to me about a photoshoot before sep 1st (for now) can get a free one if they go through with it
If your interested text me or PM me :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Having looked through your flickr there are a lot of nice cars but none of the photos are composed well.

There is a difference between taking nice photos and taking photos of nice things.
X2

you have to start somewhere

when you do your shoots make sure to post them up:farley:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I say get a lot more experience before doing this.
Those pictures on flickr are not really great. I will be at the next Cars and Coffee at the pavilions so feel free to find me and ask some questions.
I also own a Nikon so if you need help with that I have some experience

Its pretty hard to get good composition of the cars with all the people walking in on your shots but you can see a couple that I have done..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyffer/4164764485/in/set-72157622827009445/

While Im there you can take as many pics of my car as you want lol

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
1- Perhaps reaching out in person during pavillions or c&c would net you better results than this sort of a post unless you're looking for some critique
2- Location
3- Focus on shooting your own car, friends cars, etc...a subject is a subject, it doesn't need to be an italian on day one when you're getting started
4- Location
5- Example of #2 & 4...AZ has some amazing scenery even 5min from downtown phx

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with eshaun mate. Work with what you have until you refine your skills and see improvements in your work before you think of charging people for work. I would do that before even taking on too much work with clients. Even if it is free you want them to spread the word to others and hopefully give you repeat business, so you need to be on top of your game when doing shoots for others outside family and friends.

Good luck with the photography dude.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Luke, I've been shooting semi pro for 2 years now. All so far as track photography. I will give you a few tips after looking at your portfolio.

1. focus
  2. compose
  3. move around and don't just take the same picture of a hood ornament or badge for every car
  4. get a polarizing filter. removes alot of the reflections. not necessary but can help later on.
  5. learn to edit photos. Not many photographers can pull out amazing work without some tweaks.
  6. Raw format(if your camera has it) helps with the editing
  7. fill flash is not your friend at night.
  8. don't charge at first. you're pictures need some practice. And I mean for a while. Its nice to get paid(and get new equipment) but as long as you enjoy what you do that should be enough at first. What I did.
  9. you want to take pictures that others can't take for themselves. Look at Kirb Korner or Richard Thompson III's photostreams.

You've got a great start and getting access to those cars is a big plus. Remember that not everyone wants pictures of their cars and most people don't want to pay for them. Be respectful and you'll eventually develop a good relationship with folks at the C&C events.

PM me if you want and I will link you to some of my stuff so I don't thread jack your photos.

Eric.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts