Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. I can't believe it.

I mean I love Italian cars... but this one should come with about $150k in gold bars for that price. Ferrari must be quietly chuckling wondering what Lambo is thinking...

There I said it, flame away...

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I agree.
Even the 458 is way over the top already imo.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree.
Event the 458 is way over the top already imo.
458 is way more realistic. It's worth the money, I can definitely justify it. I can't justify the Lambo.. that's just crazy. Who are they competing with? Are they suggesting the car is in a class by itself...? ...because it's not..

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
$379,700

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
perhaps theres a west coast version and an east coast version? lol

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
458 is way more realistic. It's worth the money, I can definitely justify it. I can't justify the Lambo.. that's just crazy. Who are they competing with? Are they suggesting the car is in a class by itself...? ...because it's not..
The car is in a class of its own imo. It will crush the 458.

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
With Ceramic Breaks now standard (16K), it actually makes the premier on a full optioned car more reasonable then the past...

·
Registered
861 Posts
LP700-4 $379,900

There are a few F458s out there ranging from $350,000 to $375,000.
If a 458 can be had at $225,000 that'd be nice...not sure why people are selling the 458 $100K over base MSRP.

LP670-4 SV - $495,000?

LP700-4 - $379,900?

or a

F458 - shold be around $250K but selling for $350K???
What gives Ferrari?:confused:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hands down the lfa is the most overpriced super car, looks like a 300zx from the side...take a look it really does.
+1

I just don't understand the appeal of that car. You can't just start slapping ridiculous prices on a brand that is not associated with their main fleet under (and flagship LS) under the $100k mark. These prices are justified by the years of establishment and prestige if you will by the OG (Lambo and Ferrari - a prime example) which has cultivated that heritage over time - and the prices are respected at what they are. People understand the branding behind it and the price justifies so.

Nissan's GT-R was an odd exception as that is their current halo car, but it delivers in spades for what you pay for. If you have the money for the LF-A, who am I to stop you. I'd just put it to something I feel is worth that $400k or whatever they are asking for ( a nice down payment for a ballin' mansion). $400k isn't monopoly money, even to a lot of well off L4P folk here I would imagine would think so.

In short, both the Avendator and the LF-A aren't your first pic supercars you would immediately jump into to add to their supercar repertoire. They certainly would be the rich man's toys at the end of the day for the weekend.

I can't say much about what I think of the pricing for the Avendator, but I'd be more than happy with a "simple" R8, that's just me. 400 HP is more than enough for craptastic Calgary roads and horrendous winters, right OP and FstRealtor^?

(They might beg to differ ;) )

/shy newbie steps off soapbox.

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
Given that an 010 599HGTE starts at 356K and more often then not goes over 400K...the price/car of next 599 will give a better picture to the question today...but if Lambo's histroic depreciation rate stay true, it might seem like a bargin in comparison when the time comes?...lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1

I just don't understand the appeal of that car. You can't just start slapping ridiculous prices on a brand that is not associated with their main fleet under (and flagship LS) under the $100k mark. These prices are justified by the years of establishment and prestige if you will by the OG (Lambo and Ferrari - a prime example) which has cultivated that heritage over time - and the prices are respected at what they are. People understand the branding behind it and the price justifies so.

Nissan's GT-R was an odd exception as that is their current halo car, but it delivers in spades for what you pay for. If you have the money for the LF-A, who am I to stop you. I'd just put it to something I feel is worth that $400k or whatever they are asking for ( a nice down payment for a ballin' mansion). $400k isn't monopoly money, even to a lot of well off L4P folk here I would imagine would think so.

In short, both the Avendator and the LF-A aren't your first pic supercars you would immediately jump into to add to their supercar repertoire. They certainly would be the rich man's toys at the end of the day for the weekend.

I can't say much about what I think of the pricing for the Avendator, but I'd be more than happy with a "simple" R8, that's just me. 400 HP is more than enough for craptastic Calgary roads and horrendous winters, right OP and FstRealtor^?

(They might beg to differ ;) )

/shy newbie steps off soapbox.
You in Calgary as well? This winter blows. I felt like sitting in my lamb today and crying.:(

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Why is everyone on here comparing the LP700 to the 458??? The 458 was the 430 replacement which is a Gallardo competitor, if you wanna compare the LP700 price, do it with the 599

1 - 20 of 72 Posts