Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First the car - Full optioned car with sport buckets and ccb's.
After a couple of hundered miles since delivery, I can say that the car feels improved all the way around from my 08 SL.
Suspension, trans & motor are just more in unisen. There is a noticable level of improvement in bump absorption in the suspension
without loosing any steering feedback. It is a big jump in cost from the 08 to an 11 but I have no regrets at all!

Now for the real fun part; after talking to several GTT owners and reading endless threads and watching posted video's I decided
to send the car to UGR before ever taking delivery. I thought it would be easier since the car was coming from the west coast, essentially
passing N Carolina...well sort of :)
This all started with a simple suspension lowering and progressed to a Bolt on TT kit. I also have the boost by gear option and faster shift program.
I received the car a couple of weeks ago and have logged about 225 miles so far. For those of you that have never experienced one of these car, it kind of hard to sum it other than....HOLY HELL!!

From the smell of the richer exhaust, to the sound on the exhaust, turbo's & blow valves, it is just pure insanity. The car pulls so F'ng hard
and I've only used the 4LBS of boost setting. I let the service writter at my local Porsche dealer drive it. His hands were shaking with adreneline after his 5 minute stint behind the wheel, we laughed like two 10 yr olds in disbelief of how this car pulls!!
The quality of installation is fantastic, it looks like it came from the factory this way. The quick email/text reply's from Kevin during the process and even since receiving the car have been outstanding. Kevin also stepped up big time when they found the factory oil pump leaking before any work had started. He handled the entire part aquisition from Lambo Carolina
and did the install/swap for me at no charge. This saved the car from having to go to the dealer for them to pull the motor to do the oil pump swap!

All in all I am 100% satisfied with my decision to buy this car and send it to UGR. If yiou are reading this and have been considering this, all I can say is just do it, you will not regret it for a second!!

http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/77773-pictures-petes-twin-turbo-lp-570-lp-1000-underground-racing.html

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Awesome write up! Glad you are enjoying the car, I couldn't image how a UGR SL would feel like!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Can you hook the power without DRs? I ask because I don't see any from the pics.

Impressive if so! Congrats on the new set up.

·
Platinum Sponsor
222 Posts
great write up!

I am so tempted to send the 570 to UG to do a stage 1 and enjoy it. Not looking to break records but just have a reliable extra 200-300whp on tap.

Thanks for the feedback may help me on my decision!

Be safe!
G

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great write up!

I am so tempted to send the 570 to UG to do a stage 1 and enjoy it. Not looking to break records but just have a reliable extra 200-300whp on tap.

Thanks for the feedback may help me on my decision!

Be safe!
G
JUST DO IT!!!:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much power is it putting down? Enjoy it safely.

This is a stage 1 Bolt on kit w/boost by gear.
The switch in the glove box has four settings:

Position 1 = 4lbs of boost - @650WHP
Position 2 = 4lbs for 1st & 2nd, 3rd - 6th 7lbs - @750WHP
Position 3 = 7lbs of boost - all gears - same @750WHP
Position 4 = race gas, not sure of boost level - @950WHP

·
Platinum Sponsor
222 Posts
This is a stage 1 Bolt on kit w/boost by gear.
The switch in the glove box has four settings:

Position 1 = 4lbs of boost - @650WHP
Position 2 = 4lbs for 1st & 2nd, 3rd - 6th 7lbs - @750WHP
Position 3 = 7lbs of boost - all gears - same @750WHP
Position 4 = race gas, not sure of boost level - @950WHP
This is exactly what I want to do :)

Did they mention that the tranny would be fine with just the bolt on?

Wish you lived closer we could do a comparison from a stock to the bolt on kit for UG and for people interested in the kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is exactly what I want to do :)

Did they mention that the tranny would be fine with just the bolt on?

Wish you lived closer we could do a comparison from a stock to the bolt on kit for UG and for people interested in the kit.
No tranny issues at all. I think in stock form it will handle even more
power:D
The trans feels no different at all!

Im going to try to run with a buddy of mine in his lp560. I'll be sure to post when it happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts