Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Proud to announce that we have completed production on our LP560 exhaust. A number of people have been chasing us up on this project but it was one that we took the time to test and develop properly for a number of reasons, and lessons learned from other companies' problems.

Firstly, a number of customers complained to us that their existing aftermarket exhaust systems (from another manufacturer) had suffered severe cracking of the box/silencer section on their LP560's. After researching the type of failure and analyzing the reasons for it's occurrance, we were able to design a system which counteracts this tendency.

Secondly, a number of customers complained that when their systems were fitted, they realized that although the cat-pipe coming off the engin was 3" in diameter, their aftermarket exhausts (non-RSC) had a flange which instantly converted the diameter to 2.5". No smooth, gradual narrowing, but an instant 1/2" step-lip which was ruining the airflow and no doubt costing valuable BHP and Torque.

Finally, by careful measurement we were able to create a design which allowed our 'Veloce Sport' exhaust to incorporate our trademark flow-merging center box for accelerated exhaust gases and improved scavenging. Bottom line? More power, better sound.

Will have some sexier marketing images and video soon, but I though everyone might like to see how a system looks when it is completed on the jig.

Email me at [email protected] for more info.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
oh man rsc doing it !! guys wait till you hear my murci with rsc exhaust sounds nuts !!!! Hershy you guys need to come do another sound clip of it !!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SR Auto Group x RSC | Lamborghini LP560 Exhaust System on Vimeo

Just a quick clip from the guys at SR Auto Group, and a comment from another LP560 owner who stopped by after the install to hear the exhaust (lifted shamelessly from another forum)

Just ordered mine! icon_thumleft.gif I had to put down the deposit as soon as I hear it in person. IMO This is how LP560 should sound from the factory.

Can't wait to get it installed in 2 weeks.​

·
Registered
519 Posts
Stuart,

Just out of curiosity, what are the steps you guys take from day one to final install for making a new exhaust system for a car like this?

Seeing the jig pictures made me think of this and I found it interesting. Do you have a stock vs. new system dyno sheet available?

The system sounds great BTW.
________
DREAMYXXDIVA18

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stuart,

Just out of curiosity, what are the steps you guys take from day one to final install for making a new exhaust system for a car like this?

Seeing the jig pictures made me think of this and I found it interesting. Do you have a stock vs. new system dyno sheet available?

The system sounds great BTW.
It really depends upon a number of things to be honest. A number of the systems, especially the one-piece systems or those for mid-engined cars are easier to design and prototype off of the car, so in that case we would build a jig off of the OE system, do all our calculations and design work, as well as seeing if our 'ideal' solution fits within the available space. You are constrained by start point, end point, fixing points etc. so sometimes it is easier to get the system out of the car and design when you have a better view of it.

For other vehicles we might remove the OE system, and build the prototype straight onto the car. Then we'd remove it and take a jig from that, into which we'd build all the future systems.

Either way, you obviously need a jig on which every customer system is constructed.

I only just shipped the first customer systems so we don't have any dynos yet, but I would imagine someone will come up with one soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts