Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, I am leaving work when a slammed Jetta rolls past me and ever since I've felt like I'm driving a 4x4.

While I don't want to sacrifice too much handling and ride comfort, I would really like to minimize the fender gap on the A4. Is this something that can easily be done via Springs or will I need a bunch of extra parts, alignments, and invest into a tire company for an endless supply of rubber?

Last time I lowered a car was my Mk4 TT Supra and went through tires like vodka :whistle:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Springs IMO are ok, but does not give functionality of adjustment...I would recommend KW's or ST's as for my A4 Avant, I went ahead and put on ST coilovers and the ride feels great. Another recommendation would be to get some camber plates.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
What is the purpose of camber plates? Do they just extend the range of camber adjustment, and if so I thought camber was adjusted through an upper horizontal link between the knuckle and chassis and not with the shock.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Brief demonstration regarding camber plates. I have a custom set built by 034 motorsports for my TTRS bottomline, saves inner tire wear as well as overall tire tread... for those that want MOAR low.

"JamesM"call 034 Motorsports and ask for Joe Horkey for specific queries regarding your B8

My TTRS with KW V3's and "Custom Camber Plates by 034 Motorsports" invest a lil now saves tire $$$ = MOAR Low

Cheers

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have H&R springs they give a nice drop but if you wanna go real low you need coilovers. Even with the springs i get some camber wear so im probably gonna get a set of STs and a camber set up this winter.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Call Topspeed Motorsports and be done with it. Full consultation, pricing, and install.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lowered my B8 A4(Now have a b8.5 a5 lowered). Did my research before buying and most went with H&R OE for a4 I personally went with eibach sportline springs because they gave me the look I wanted with it being 1.8" drop front and 1.4 rear. I've had suspension done on all my cars springs and coils(all on coupes except for this a4) , this was by far the best bang for my buck mod in terms of eliminating the terrible body roll the a4 has and making the car look so much better by getting rid of that 4x4 look.

I still have the springs from the A4 lmk if you want them PM me ill give you a good deal.

Heres pics of my car mounted one pic with 17's and one with sport 18s

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
now you need spacer and new wheels :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
They're stainless steel KW V1s. Take that however you'd like.
Thanks I will. and for if someone wants to shell out the money for coils and not have dampening adjustment I'd recommend just get springs bc in the end its the same aesthetics unless you are slamming your car which is different and from personal experience with both coils and springs on many different applications my eibachs at the time were more than satisfying performance wise at a 1/3 of the cost.

There were a lot more threads to choose from as well

Dropped and disappointed

ST coilovers installed, includes FREE clunking noise

·
Registered
661 Posts
OP, once you go down this road, there's no turning back hahaha

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone for the input. H&R or Eibach it is.

I personally went with eibach sportline springs because they gave me the look I wanted with it being 1.8" drop front and 1.4 rear.
Looks great. PM me?

Call Topspeed Motorsports and be done with it. Full consultation, pricing, and install.
Who you is? Tell Cicio to stop hitting on Sarah and call me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts