Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what the best sub $500 brands out there are? I've got a few inexpensive watches, that I only own because I like the way they look. A Seiko Kinetic, some random Guess watch and an Invicta (I know, I know, what can I say, I liked the way it looked at Costco lol). I'm just trying to get some input from a group of people with real watch knowledge. Anyways, back to the actual question. What would you recommend as a good Sub $500 watch manufacturer?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
if i dont say it some one else will

invicta!

or movado, lum tec, gshocks, mtm, sonbol, prometheus, citizen, nixon....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Lum Tec or Nixon all the way... Nixons are great watches. I have a Player I bought years ago as a daily at that time

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
I myself can't wear a Invicta. After walking into TJ Maxx with my girl and walking past the watches, seeing an Invicta right next to the Ed Hardy watches. That's all she wrote for me...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I myself can't wear a Invicta. After walking into TJ Maxx with my girl and walking past the watches, seeing an Invicta right next to the Ed Hardy watches. That's all she wrote for me...
At the time I bought it, I had never even heard of them. I just happened to see it at Costco and liked the way it looked. Would I buy it now? No, but I still like the way it looks and in the end I suppose that's really all that matters.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
At the time I bought it, I had never even heard of them. I just happened to see it at Costco and liked the way it looked. Would I buy it now? No, but I still like the way it looks and in the end I suppose that's really all that matters.
I myself am going for history now. Panerai's have an amazing history and great styling. I'm saving my cash and getting a base Panerai. But that's just me. Happy hunting on your new watch venture.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hamilton, TW Steel, Lum Tec.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have an invicta, i would never say i would not wear it because i saw it at a certain shop or not...but to each their own.

it gets as much wear time as my yatchmaster II, rubber clad, my various hammys, nixons, gshock, tissot, and my fave the movado 800 chrono (first real watch i ever bought with my own money)

if i had to buy one watch and just one watch...i would buy me a gshock...fvking tank of watches.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hamilton, oris, poljot, seiko, vostok, casio edifice, tissot... let me know the budget and what you want in a watch and I can suggest something. You can get great deals on the WUS forum.

i would discourage looking into any invicta, movado, steinhart, D&G and other crap. you're choosing here between jewelery and watches that were in a line of a particular clothing company or have no history.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
hamilton, oris, poljot, seiko, vostok, casio edifice, tissot... let me know the budget and what you want in a watch and I can suggest something. You can get great deals on the WUS forum.

i would discourage looking into any invicta, movado, steinhart, D&G and other crap. You've gotta choose between whether you want a jewelery or a watch that was in a line of a particular clothing company. lame.
it depends on the movado. a museum is crap...but an 800 is quite nice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
STURLING nice watches and you dont have to take out a lone to buy lol

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I myself am going for history now. Panerai's have an amazing history and great styling. I'm saving my cash and getting a base Panerai. But that's just me. Happy hunting on your new watch venture.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
If your just basing everything on looks alone, why don't you get a homage watch? That way you have your high end styling but crap on the inside.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Uh oh, think I created a monster ;)

Seriously though, this is well thought out, and a decision that will "last"

1 - 20 of 59 Posts