Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, being military i am gone a lot while my wife stays at home with our three kids and takes care of everything in a way i can't even describe.....i know i couldn't do it, but she does it awesomely. Well they are at the age now where they are going to finally be in school and she will have some free time. Her dream is to be a chef or cater. Anything involving culinary etc etc. We will be moving to South Carolina once i get back from Korea. Anyone know any culinary type schools around the Columbia SC area. Any info would be appreciated.....she truly deserves this as she has been the best military wife possible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks turbology, yes she does an awesome job with the three kids. Not to mention she has been battling cervical cancer for a few years....not turning this into a sob story, i don't need any sympathy and what not. I just can't believe how awesome of a job she does. And zero complaints ever. We will be living on Shaw AFB which is 2 hours from Charleston so i don't think that would work unless they offer classes a few times a week. I'm just ready for her to start going after her dream. Trying to figure out how to make it happen. Thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Any idea what kind of food she wants to deal with? eg; Pastry, Baking, Cooking etc etc?

Also check out local community colleges they have a WEALTH of classes many of which go well into the evening.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
No trouble at all, glad to help. Surviving any type of cancer is no joke, especially balancing a family and home at the same time. The wife is a tough cookie!

Another option is on-line classes, but you definitely lose the hands-on approach (not to mention the sensory experience) of in-kitchen instruction.

I'm not sure how many accredited online cooking courses exist, but start searching here:

Welcome to the world's premier culinary college in New York-The Culinary Institute of America

Le Cordon Bleu

The French Culinary Institute - FCI | New York

:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She enjoys doing everything. Didn't even think about community colleges. It won't be until next summer when we get all settled down again. I just want to get a game plan. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts