Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
And another thing. I have gone to I dont know how many LV stores across the US wearing 1800.00 Chrome Hearts Sunglasses and I have NEVER had 1 person in a store ask me if I needed anything. Most of the time I am dressed down but thats cuz I am on vacation. I shouldnt have to be in a suit. Its pretty annoying to be honest with you.
Weird. every boutique i've been to, i've been able to chat for a few hours with the salesmen/women. You should visit the boutiques in Europe, you won't be left alone :D

Too bad the LV store in Helsinki is horrible so i don't visit it very often.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
And another thing. I have gone to I dont know how many LV stores across the US wearing 1800.00 Chrome Hearts Sunglasses and I have NEVER had 1 person in a store ask me if I needed anything. Most of the time I am dressed down but thats cuz I am on vacation. I shouldnt have to be in a suit. Its pretty annoying to be honest with you.
your problem is that you weren't wearing LV sunglasses :) On a serious note, I have never had that problem. i have gone into numerous boutiques in gym shorts and t shirts and have pleasant conversations with them. The same cannot be said about neiman marcus though :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thank god I'm not the only one that notices this. Even yesterday I was on 5th ave in all the stores, wearings some ferragamos. Enough to be asked if I needed help right? Wrong. Only place that did ask was zegna. Not even the ferragamo store! Pretty annoying IMO. If I were a salesmen, and I noticed someone already wearing the product they are about to buy again, I'd bend over backwards for them.
I am prolly much older than most of you guys so I get the benefit of age, but i don't dress up much of the time except I wear nice shoes and Bottega Veneta or Givenchy sweaters - but I don't tuck my shirts in and always wear denim. I usually walk right up to a sales person and if i know the brand (and i do know most of them pretty well) ask to see a certain item or be pointed towards the new arrivals. If they don't want to follow me thru the door I just opened then they are truly a lame salesperson. Neiman does suck. I think the sales people there make ninety percent of their commission off of five percent of their traffic and they already know where their bread and butter lies.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Used to be a huge fan, but not so much as of late....nothing will come between me and my damier graphite duffle though, this is so convenient and perfect for a quick weekend jaunt...

·
Registered
622 Posts
You've seen fakes posted on here? If you have you should call them out immediately.

I've owned two LV items, sunglasses and a wallet. Quality is meh but I love their designs. Way too overpriced for the quality you are getting IMO
I agree I just made a thread actually about their "Quality".. Kind of Overpriced but their are some styles I will dish out a little extra for LV..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
you want to be noticed because you wear ferragamos or that hideous kitch chrome harts?:p lol....

anyway..louis vuitton shoes sucks...i have damier graphitte sneakers...i cant wear them...so uncomfortable i managed to wear them only a couple of times..actually they are on sale on this forum...and it is a pity because they are pretty....

the salesman told me they changed the way the make them now...very nice..they sold many and then understood they make them wrong...

ps...if the salesman dont pay attention to you on the store...he wouldt speak to you either if you were out for a drink with your friends...:p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
you want to be noticed because you wear ferragamos or that hideous kitch chrome harts?:p lol....

anyway..louis vuitton shoes sucks...i have damier graphitte sneakers...i cant wear them...so uncomfortable i managed to wear them only a couple of times..actually they are on sale on this forum...and it is a pity because they are pretty....

the salesman told me they changed the way the make them now...very nice..they sold many and then understood they make them wrong...

ps...if the salesman dont pay attention to you on the store...he wouldt speak to you either if you were out for a drink with your friends...:p
Nothing wrong with Chrome Hearts. I've always been a big fan, and once I make it, I might just have to upgrade my chain wallet to the CH one (all about personal preference, right?).

I think you are shopping the wrong shoes. Though I've never had any pairs of LV sneakers, I own and have owned many pairs of LV loafers, boat shoes, monk straps and oxfords. They are by far one of the brands that I consistently seek out when buying new shoes. I've had many differeny brands, and I've got to say that their knack for design and quality is right up there with the rest of them. Don't just LV just because of a bad experience with their sneakers. Stick to the basics for sneakers, why pay that much for sneakers when their dress shoes cost the same?

Salesman is another issue. And I think it's more based on the day that you go. It's their job to upsell and at some point of the day, they get tired or repeating their whole sales pitch. I think the worst salesmen are in the watch industry. Every boutique (minus the Tourbillon stores, great service!) I go to I get no love. I even talk watches to the sales people and they are just interested in the next sale for the day. It's a shame that sales people act like this, they want the quick sale, instead of pursuing the return customer.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Its wierd, i can go online and buy Gucci loafers in 2 mins.

I cant do the same with LV, theres plenty online but i think they are all fakes, i spent an hour trying to find an online store and couldnt find one that sold expensive LV shoes.

Unless im wrong, and a genuine pair of new LV loafers are only £90 compared to £350 Gucci's?

I wish somewhere like nordstrom or house of fraser would pick up the LV line.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
LVMH has extremely strict controls on how LV merchandise is sold. I had lunch recently with a client that is an LVMH subsidiary. I was informed that unlike most lines, LV will actually take goods that have remained unsold after a certain amount of time and shred/destroy them. They have 3 facilities in secret locations worldwide where this is done. One is in the Paris area, one is in California and I think the 3rd was in the Far East.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
LVMH has extremely strict controls on how LV merchandise is sold. I had lunch recently with a client that is an LVMH subsidiary. I was informed that unlike most lines, LV will actually take goods that have remained unsold after a certain amount of time and shred/destroy them. They have 3 facilities in secret locations worldwide where this is done. One is in the Paris area, one is in California and I think the 3rd was in the Far East.
Interesting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The LV store in Toronto is great. Customer service is second to none and I have had zero quality issues with any of my shoes or bags. The bags/luggage can take a beating due to their high quality craftsmanship.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Louis Vuitton Hawaii store security guards always give me the eye and watch me as I walk around, in fact all high end stores do sometimes the workers follow me too, might be because I look young though but it irritates me

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I think LV is one of the only brands which doesn't do wholesale, meaning you can only get it at their retail outlets.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
ive shopped the LV stores in Orlando and Tampa FL, and Charlotte NC... had good attentive service in all 3... very pleasant and all treated me like a potential buyer.

I'm 30, and have a fairly scruff ass beard... i dont even wear a watch anymore... just some jeans and a poloshirt... nothing out of the ordinary.

Maybe you guys have just had bad luck with a few salesmen?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ah man you think you have it bad? LOL Come to the Bronx , All you see is fake LV belts fake Gucci belts fake True Religion and the saddest part
is that these kids think they are fly ... HA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Perhaps a decade ago LV was a premium luxury brand worth purchasing. Nowadays with counterfeits and whatnot, it just seems too played out. I think of those who wear LV as people who are behind time/fashion and are trying to let the world know that they got blings. Just like people who wear t-shirts with huge luxury brand name logos in the front. Sometimes modesty is better....

41 - 58 of 58 Posts