Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i think the time has come to finally purchase a watch box. I will soon have my fourth and can no longer stand putting them in the plast drawers i have with no cases and the fact that it will add a bit of class.

im looking for something in the $70-$120 range

I know its a small range but im a college student on a small budget. ive seen one on amazon here but im wondering if i should go with something name brand.

any advice would help

·
7,022 Posts
As far as non-winding boxes go, the only thing in terms of quality to look into is type of wood (solid, veneer, etc). Beyond that, just go with appearance and budgetary requirements. I don't know of any name brand advantages in this product line. Now, if you need winders, then there are some that are better quality than others. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as non-winding boxes go, the only thing in terms of quality to look into is type of wood (solid, veneer, etc). Beyond that, just go with appearance and budgetary requirements. I don't know of any name brand advantages in this product line. Now, if you need winders, then there are some that are better quality than others. Just my 2 cents.
this is gonna sounds completely retarded...

winders? im guessing it does exactly what it says.. but what purpose, how so? please explain

·
Registered
153 Posts
Winders are mainly used for watches with automatic movements, although i see some people use it for their manual-wind watches as well. It basically winds up your watch when you are not wearing it and keeps it running and ready to wear any times. It also keeps the lubricating oil inside the moving mechanism smoothly and evenly distributed, when you are not wearing your watch for a long period of time. You don't need one if your watch is quartz based.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Winders are mainly used for watches with automatic movements, although i see some people use it for their manual-wind watches as well. It basically winds up your watch when you are not wearing it and keeps it running and ready to wear any times. It also keeps the lubricating oil inside the moving mechanism smoothly and evenly distributed, when you are not wearing your watch for a long period of time. You don't need one if your watch is quartz based.
People using it for manual wind would be for storage/display only as it serves no purpose otherwise for manual. If you have a few automatics they are great. Just do not buy a cheap one, go with a decent one like Wolf. They usually have a 50% off sale twice a year.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
any recommendations for a watch travel case? something to hold 2 or 3 pieces.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotcha! i have a Movado that my dad gave me on my 18th Birthday that would benefit from this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been looking for a box watch for months! Thank you for the post fellas! Now which one do you get?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been looking for a box watch for months! Thank you for the post fellas! Now which one do you get?
no prob.. i never saw a thread, figured it could hurt... im probably gonna go with a swiss one.. quality of build looks good.. someone posted it earlier in the thread. just look through the links.. or a see through glass top 20 piece holder... theres a link for that one as well

These ones are really nice from a watch box maker in Germany. It might be a bit over your budget, but these oooze quality. I really like the blackwood and the carbonfibre examples.

*** Paneristi Accessories Corner ***: FS: FINE WATCH BOXES - ideal for PANERAI WATCHES

the blackwood is gorgeous. thanks for the post. unfortunately im looking for something that shows them off. so ill be going with see through glass top.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts