Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into purchasing a nice camera setup mostly to be used for shooting real estate. I just need some advice on a camera and lens setup. Trying to keep it around $600-$800 for everything, which is the camera, lens, and a tripod. If anyone has some recommendations that would be well appreciated. I also don't have a problem with buying anything used.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just make sure that the tripod you get has a detachable head so that you don't have to unscrew the camera everytime you want to take the camera off the tripod.

·
Registered
186 Posts
be sure the lens is some type of medium to wide zoom. there's not as much need for deep zoom with this stuff, and wide angles will be good in smaller spaces.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i don't know what camera system you'll end up with, but the wider the better. wide does not equal fisheye...which I'd avoid. also, the faster (smaller aperture number) the better.

unsure about your budget, it might be a reach for what i'm talking about with a dslr. getting a used cam body is acceptable but shy away from used lenses.

·
Registered
186 Posts
this is where the crop factor thing comes in. the 17-50 on that actually works out to a 27-80, which isn't as wide as it would need to be for that type of work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Now looking at a used Nikon D40, and picking up a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6. Any comments?
This sounds good but the sigma's f/4-5.6 is gonna require a tripod for a lot of your interior shots. I'd personally go with the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 This way you'll need the tripod nearly as much which will save you both time and a lot of hassle. I'm currently using a D300S with that lens and its just amazing. So the D40 coupled with that lens should also be a great combo as well. Most reviews say the Tokina 11-16 is one of the best super wide zooms out there (even better than the $1200 nikon equivalent). I hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts