Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Looking to buy an R8 (V8). Price range of $85-95,000. Most likely will be purchasing around March (winter where I live is really bad so I see no point in buying it now), but that doesn't mean we can't work out a deal for the future.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I personally have never seen one sell for that little. Not even an 08. I'm assuming you might get lucky at those numbers if its a higher mileage 08. But your best bet to get at that price range would be NOW, in the middle of the winter months. Come March, prices will only increase a bit....

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
Going to cost you close to 100 for an 08... unless you get something with 30-40k miles

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Listen to Club411, he has been doing his homework for about 2 years now. ;)

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
Listen to Club411, he has been doing his homework for about 2 years now. ;)
I am cheaper than a sale at walmart... 100k for an 08 110 for an 09

r8 in the 80's no such thing

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I found a 2008 R8 v8 going for 98K with 10k miles. Club411 is right with the prices.

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
It's an amazing car - Like having a reliable daily driving Ferrari

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
Mine will be 100x better this winter

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Been looking around and found a few in Canada selling for about 98K with 20K km's on it so about 12,500 miles. And I have decided to get one ASAP as I need an AWD car for the winter cause my M5 just isn't cutting it. Been forced to drive my BMW 335i (x-Drive) and old Cayenne around in the winter. I miss the power to say the least.

I've also been trying to sell my M5 for 45K. It is an 06, SMG transmission, Indianapolis Red, 29K miles on it. If I can get the car sold for 45K, I will have the R8 before the new year no problem. The issue lies in selling the car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
200 Posts
There is one at my local dealership.....2010 R8 V10 drop top....for the very affordable price of....................$210,000!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys another thing I forgot to mention, because of NAFTA, if I do purchase the vehicle in the US, I will have to pay 5% tax (Alberta Tax) and an additional 6.1% (due to the fact that the car is manufactured in Germany). So 11.1% tax on top of the vehicles original price. So keep that in mind guys and thanks again for all the info/support.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
R8 for 85k? I'll take 3.
That's why I am trying to find one within Canada. If I do find an R8 with low mileage I am willing to pay 105K for the car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I got an R8 for an early Christmas present... cost my dad about $50 and came with a spiffy remote control!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts