Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be one of these people who wants to "pose", but being a college student with a small allowance, I can't really afford the Breitling watches I really want :(

So here's where you guys can come in :p What is a larger faced watch(something that fills out my suit jacket/blazer) that is under $200. Right now I have a Breitling watch that isn't really big enough to fill out jackets :( I don't want it to be too big, but tastefully big.

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stephen,

First let me say I'm a new member, hopefully nobody jumps down my throat for what I'm about to suggest.

I used to travel a lot for my job and, being young and adventurous I'd often end up in places that weren't exactly safe. After having a watch that was a gift taken at gunpoint I decided I wanted something that looked good but wasn't particularly expensive. I found a number of Invicta models on Amazon for cheap - like under $150. I'm no aficionado but they've been trouble free and look good.

Try this out - http://invicta.chronoshark.com/p-989-i-by-invicta-41704-001-professional-multifunction-movement-50m-mens-watch.aspx

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh jeez, forgot to specify....I'd really prefer it to have a leather band rather than a shiny metal band. I know I can buy bands for it after wards, but it would be nice if it already came with one :p

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Stephen,

First let me say I'm a new member, hopefully nobody jumps down my throat for what I'm about to suggest.

I used to travel a lot for my job and, being young and adventurous I'd often end up in places that weren't exactly safe. After having a watch that was a gift taken at gunpoint I decided I wanted something that looked good but wasn't particularly expensive. I found a number of Invicta models on Amazon for cheap - like under $150. I'm no aficionado but they've been trouble free and look good.

Try this out - InvictaShark - I by Invicta 41704-001 Professional Multifunction Movement 50M Mens Watch
Must try to be nice.....

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I think instead of looking for an expensive looking watch you should be looking for a watch that fits your style and speaks to you.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think instead of looking for an expensive looking watch you should be looking for a watch that fits your style and speaks to you.
That's the problem....all of the watches that do that are too expensive for me.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Keep saving a get a Sonbol, theyre in the $5-600 range but are BIG. I think Sonbol is still a sponsor check em out.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You can't have champagne taste with a Budweiser budget!

You need to find a watch that fits your persona. There a lot of great brand that don't cost a lot that look good.

You can get a nice Michael Kors, Fossil, Seiko, Citizen, Casio even has some nice dress watches. If you really want a nice watch sell your Breitling and save up to get a piece that you do want. It took me 9 years to get one of my dream time pieces (Thomas Prescher) but now I have it and it just sits in the SDB because I don't want to wear it. Use your head save your money, hustle and get the things that you want its a great life lesson to get some thing you desire.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Tsovet is one of my personal favorite brands right now. Around $395

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Get a citizen. They have many similar styles to breitling...and are not fake. Get a eco drive and you'll never need a battery. Citizen watches are the brand that got me interested in watches. Don't fake the funk. If you are a poor college kid everyone will think your big watch is fake no matter what. Get something you will be proud of...and please don't let it be a fake...or Invicta.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Save and get a Lum-Tec or Sonbol. Really just look through any online watch store for a watch that suits you because only you can tell what that may be

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate to be one of these people who wants to "pose", but being a college student with a small allowance, I can't really afford the Breitling watches I really want :(

So here's where you guys can come in :p What is a larger faced watch(something that fills out my suit jacket/blazer) that is under $200. Right now I have a Breitling watch that isn't really big enough to fill out jackets :( I don't want it to be too big, but tastefully big.

Thanks in advance! :D
Buying your first watch with your own money is a great feeling - wait it out...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Theres plenty of watches out there in your price range.No need to save up and go out of your budget.What size case?what style?
I like dive watches myself.Somebody suggested earlier to get a replica.
look.Besides being illegal,only fake people with zero morals wear them.I have zero respect for people who buy and wear them.
Go to the mall,look at some watches then ask us about them.
Swiss army makes a great dive watch in your price range and the build quality is very good.
Good luck with your hunt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts