Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am a pilot for a large regional airline currently. I used to work for a guy that has done very well for himself. Right now he is thinking about buying a private jet but wants to get some info from someone with experience. He is looking at maybe a Lear 45 or something similar. Anyone that has some REAL WORLD info about costs like maint, fuel, insurance, hangar fees, etc.. also what is the reality of entering the plane into a charter pool to recover some of the costs. The plane would be used basically just for his family to travel on. business travel is not a priority. if anyone could help me out with this info or connect me with someone who could would be greatly appreciated. I enjoyed working for this person in the past and if he does acquire a plane it could result in a new job for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM sent 2Props, thanks!

Roger, I spoke with my boss again today and he is still trying to justify the cost to himself. He said you were very helpful. Thanks again hopefully we will speak again soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in a similar situation as OP. I would like to ask anyone for their help in operating costs for aircraft.

If 2Props, or anyone else willing to help can e-mail me I would be very thankful.

[email protected]

I am not able to send PM's yet. Actually this is my first post!

Thank you guys!

- Chad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for responding, I would like to compare the following

Honda Jet
Phenom 100
Premier 1
Nextant 400xtt
Pilatus

Would you mind e-mailing it to me?

Thank you again I really do appreciate it. :bow1:

- Chad

·
Banned
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Challenger 300's are beautiful aircraft! One of my favorites too. I would say 8 passengers on that jet would be extremely comfortable. Not sure about 16 though.

It may have a custom interior designed to seat 16 though.

·
Banned
3,270 Posts
I'd only want it to seat 10 or 11

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Thanks for responding, I would like to compare the following

Honda Jet
Phenom 100
Premier 1
Nextant 400xtt
Pilatus

Would you mind e-mailing it to me?

Thank you again I really do appreciate it. :bow1:

- Chad
Give me a few days to track down the software and reinstall it on this machine and I'll see what I can dig up.
What specific information are you looking to compare?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking for aircraft operating costs, Not necessarily wanting to compare them, just wanting to compile information.

Maintenance, fuel burn, Pilot salary, range, weight, and anything else that can help me to most accurately figure out the true operating costs. Truthfully I need the information by tomorrow or Tuesday. If you are not too busy and up to the challenge that would be awesome :wink:. But if you are not able to get it that quickly then no big deal. I have found a few forms and PDF files on the internet and have started figuring out some of the costs on my own. I am just not sure if they are accurate and current, so it would be nice to compare mine against theirs when you are able to share the results with me.

- Chad

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Truthfully I need the information by tomorrow or Tuesday.
Unless you know where I live and show up with a bottle of single malt, I'm not likely to make your deadline. Maybe your broker will be able to accommodate. This is the software I use: https://www.conklindd.com//Page.aspx?nid=2&action=view&id=33 He'll probably have a copy of it as well. Like I said, I need to find my install DVD and reinstall it on this machine. Otherwise, it will spit out all of what you're looking for.

Are you purchasing or simply poking numbers around for entertainment value?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts