Luxury4Play.com banner

Looking for a non-stick coated skillet that will not WARP.

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  slik560 
#1 ·
I've tried several brands of non-stick coated fry pans, and so far each one has developed a wok-like warp in the center. I normally use them for omelets, so this is not a prolonged, high-heat situation. The last time I was at Nebraska Furniture Mart they sold me a brand called Circulon, which they said was almost as good as Calphalon....not true.

We don't cook that much any more, so I'm just looking for a reliable, quality non-stick pan that won't warp on me. Price is no longer a consideration.

I wish that we had not parted with my grandmother's cast-iron skillet. :(

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks. :wink:

#3 ·
Nope. I always let whatever pan I use get cold before any cleaning happens. Eventually, every one that I have tried develops a wobble of sorts. Thanks for the tip, though. :)

#4 ·
I've had very good luck with Cuisinart Countour hard anodized pans/skillets. Super easy to wipe clean, durable coating & overall very solid, substantial construction.

They are leaps & bounds over the ghetto non-stick stuff I used long ago & far easier to clean than my full stainless set (back when I thought "the pros use them, so should I").

#6 ·
Thanks. I checked in the back of a cabinet and found...to my amazement..a Calphalon skillet, but it's a small 10" one. I also remembered that we have a really nice Revere Ware stainless steel skillet, which will be the fallback unit for now. A little PAM spray and I'll be in business. I will check out the Cuisinart model when another Bed, Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon arrives in the mail. Thanks for the feedback!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.